10 year old dog won't lie down

Hi everyone, I am here because I am extremely stressed out. Last night my 10 year old girl Maggie suddenly wouldn't lay down. She was kicking up her back leg and wouldn't lower herself. We found some blood on the floor and noticed a cut on her bottom right leg. We cleaned and bandaged it but she still will not lay down. She keeps trying to lower herself and her back legs are shaking from strain. The only rest she got was when my husband physically lifted her up and put her on her side last night. But once she stood up it was the same thing.

My husband thinks it is the cut stopping her but my alarm bells are going off. Both of my greys have had cuts before but it never stopped them from laying down.  I am in misery watching her try to get comfortable and then not being able to. She is just panting and pacing.

Is this the dreaded osteo? I know no one can officially answer and we have a pending vet appointment but I am trying to prepare myself. I just can't believe this is happening. We lost our 16 year old mutt this summer and now this....

I don’t know what’s going on with your girl only that it sounds like she’s in pain.  I pray it’s something that can be easily resolved. Keep us posted. 

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Hopefully you can get Maggie in to see her Vet today

:goodluck

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Vet vet vet vet vet!!!!  As soon as poosible.  Evet if you regular vet can't see her NOW.  Whatever is going on needs to be taken care of sooner rather than later.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly