A galgo sunrise at Dewey Beach

I had the good fortune of being asked by Kathy Wagner to photograph her galgo Sambuca and her during Saturday's sunrise at The Dewey Gathering.. Fortunately we got to witness what I think was the best sunrise during my three days there.

We met about a half-hour before sunrise at the end of Collins Street at the south end of town and walked down to the water's edge. There was no wind to be speak of, unlike earlier in the week, and the twilight skies were spectacular. I took about 200 shots over the span of about 45 minutes while pausing occasionally to watch the sun rise. She wanted to acquaint Sambuca with the ocean but he was having none of that nonsense. There was lots of moments to capture as the sun cleared the horizon and the two of them paused, ran, and walked on the beach.

There were a number of keepers in this session: this frame is one of them. I removed some of the haze and glare, increased the vibrance and lightened the shadows a bit but not so much that it would be obvious. Sambuca was watching someone walking their greyhound towards us when I took this photo.

20191012_0169-XL.jpg

Edited by MrAlexTheDog

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

WOW. Absolutely stunning photo! 

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

That is incredible!

We haven't been to Dewey since I started going to Spain in 2012, but one thing we always did was get up at sunrise to try and get some good pictures.  Of course, we never got any pictures like this!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

WOW! :yay

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

• 4 weeks later...