various clickable symbols not showing correctly

image.png.a3a493d290f76013258c58ff05210558.png

image.png.45e06b405cad8963c020bb2043fd5359.png

image.png.fb38653deb38b7df7871d6bb060dc7f6.png

image.png.9f2390993d7ef8ebdd6b94d1df8ee18b.png

image.png.fcbed801cd12d35abdcca13ebafb738e.png

image.png.b2a5805e952c697fbc4347645612e247.png

I seem to recall this happening before, but forget the cure...using firefox 71, latest chrome, latest edge browsers, same.

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Might be related to this post from Friday.  

1 hour ago, kronckew said:

image.png.a3a493d290f76013258c58ff05210558.png

image.png.45e06b405cad8963c020bb2043fd5359.png

image.png.fb38653deb38b7df7871d6bb060dc7f6.png

image.png.9f2390993d7ef8ebdd6b94d1df8ee18b.png

image.png.fcbed801cd12d35abdcca13ebafb738e.png

image.png.b2a5805e952c697fbc4347645612e247.png

I seem to recall this happening before, but forget the cure...using firefox 71, latest chrome, latest edge browsers, same.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I don't even know where to begin, I've never seen a GT screen look anything like that. Is that on a mobile device or computer?

I can't picture where you might be seeing something like that, nothing I have shows anything remotely close at least that "I" can comprehend when you are even at.

After you reboot your obviously possessed system, please give me a full screenshot so I can put the pieces together.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Looks like symbol set is missing either your end or mine. I'm using a windows 10 x64 HP laptop, firefox 71, but the nightly as well as chrome and edge have the same errors, other BB forums I use are fine. It's just greytalk. Screenshot is too big to attach with the limit here. Here it is hosted on imgur.

FW4Ubqz.jpg

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

The only thing I can think of is that you have an extension or script blocking elements.
I just tried Win 10 x64 using Chrome, Edge and {gasp} IE and see no issues. I don't have FF installed.
I'd usually recommend clearing the temp internet files, but since you tried 3 different browsers, they'll all have their own set, so while not 100% the same thing, you essentially tried different files. It is definitely something local to your system or network.

Love the eagle combo cover insignia, how'd you do that?

large.greyhound_signature.gif

few years ago I used a theme generator program for firefox. Have the officer one, a CPO and an generic for other ranks. It works best with the older firefox, the latest 'quantum' versions try too hard to look like chrome. heck, even microsoft's 'edge' is going chromey. Mozilla has decided how they think it should look and taken away the APIs that they used to let the end user customise stuff easily. Still can customize it more than chrome or edge, everything seems to be brainwashed into looking like chrome. Theme addons lost a lot of the features for tab shapes and sizes, toollbar heights, dividers, addon icons,  etc  😣 and themes don't work with Edge or Chrome.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/user/8451302/

They still sort of work, but you do need a .css to move the tabs blow the address bar and fiddle with the  layout to show the menu and window title bar at top.  I'll check thru that script, don't recall it blocking any fonts. I use cloudflare's dns over https, it has some blocking for malware and parental control, i'll try my ISP's default one justincase. The other fora are OK, but they use different bb software. Everything still works tho, so it's an irritant I can live with if I can't figure it out.

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke