Sign in to follow this  
Beachbum1

Bye bye, Embrace

Facebook's (9 years 5 months old) new premium will go up 30% with Embrace.

Jagger's (10 year 6 months old) new premium will go up 38% with Embrace.

I will call Embrace in the morning to confirm discounts are in place (membership with The Greyhound Health Initiative will NOT result in any discount with Embrace with Florida dogs...check to see if your state is still eligible).

After many years with Embrace, this will be "bye bye" time.

Any suggestions for companies that won't HAMMER you when you have seniors? 

I’m interested to hear what others have to say as I’m looking into insurance for Jenny. ASPCA has been recommended.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Check out Prudent Pet. I just signed up with the after Healthy Paws did the same thing to me - plus they've shipped their customer service overseas, really bad form.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Yes, boo Embrace! I just got my upcoming March renewal annual premium quote.

Premium went from $683.65 last year ($5,000 annual max, $500 deductible, 80% reimbursement) to $923.21 this year (35% increase).

Wellness add-on  of $390 didn't change ($450 max reimbursement for vaccinations, dental, nail trimming, flea/heartworm preventives, and some other things).

So total was $1,073.65 last year ($683.65 + $390) and total now is $1,313.21 this year ($923.21 + $390), about 23% overall increase.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do, retain it or drop it. Sheba will be 12 January 23 and in relatively good health but she's almost 12 and the hips are getting weaker....

On 11/30/2019 at 12:39 PM, seeh2o said:

Check out Prudent Pet. I just signed up with the after Healthy Paws did the same thing to me - plus they've shipped their customer service overseas, really bad form.

I just checked Prudent Pet against what Embrace just sent me for renewal, and Prudent Pet quote is more (about $1,500 vs. Embrace's $1,313). Prudent Pet also doesn't cover wellness annual exams, vaccinations, and such,  so I guess I'll either stick with Embrace or cancel altogether and go with nothing.