Boc's Mumbo Jumbo

2GreyFamily

We adopted Boc's Mumbo Jumbo from Greyhound Friends of NJ in February of 2014. He was 4 years old and had raced over 120 times in Florida. We stuck with the name Mumbo and we fell in love. He was so sweet and laid back. Mumbo was my baby. He developed arthritis and we attributed to his long racing career. In May of this year Mumbo was 9 years old. He was slowing down but still had so much life left. He still went for long distance walks and ate well. He got excited for treats and was still giving us zoomies. One day towards the end of the month I woke up and he wouldn't get off his bed. I had to carry him outside to pee. Knowing the high rates of Osteo in greys I was hoping and praying it was just something that would heal on its own. After a visit to the vet we found out Mumbo had bone cancer in his shoulder. We were so heartbroken. It was so so so sudden. One day he is zooming around the backyard and two days lated we are at the vet with a cancer diagnosis. We heard from them on their opinion on amputation. We decided because of Mumbo's age (almost 10) that we would not amputate. The vet sent us home with pain medication. The meds did their job for about 3 weeks. Mumbo was back to his normal self and was giddy and pleasant. However, after those 3 weeks it became clear that the medication was not enough anymore. Mumbo was hurting. It was not fair for him to be in pain. He let us know that it was time for him to leave. I slept next time on the couch and in the morning we took him to be put down. He was the sweetest baby. It has been about 5 months now but it still hurts. 

Boc's Mumbo Jumbo 9/24/2009- 6/8/2019

download.jpg

I am so very sorry :(:(:(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I do hate cancer.  It is the thief who robs us, every day, of those we love.  I am so very sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

What a terrific name on your handsome, good boy. I am so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Mumbo.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So very sorry for the loss of your handsome Mumbo.

Remember the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so very sorry. Your handsome boy had to leave much too soon.

Godspeed Mumbo.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

My heart is breaking for you. Eventually you will realize that he will be with you always. Love that strong never dies. Indeed it cannot because love is energy-the most powerful in the universe- and cannot be destroyed even by cancer. Be open minded, look for signs, listen, love, be proud of Mumbo! He may send you a sign. You will know it if he does because it will be his energy which you will recognize. Many of us have experienced this. It is very real. Only Mumbo's body died. The real Mumbo that loved you and you loved is spirit and he is OK. :f_red

Cancer is so limited

It cannot cripple love

It cannot shatter hope

It cannot corrode faith

It cannot destroy peace

It cannot kill friendship

It cannot suppress memories

It cannot silence courage

It cannot invade the soul

It cannot steal eternal life

It cannot conquer the spirit.    

-Anonymous

The Way

In the darkness I turned to go; my last day's

done; I'll miss you so. No time even to say

goodbye or to lock the tears spilling from

your eyes.

That's when I heard you call my name;

I knew right then I must turn back to help ease your pain.

Since I've no voice with which to speak,

its whispers in your dreams I'll make.

Ease your heart and rest your mind, my

time with you was the best of kind. I couldn't

have asked for a better friend, we've shared

our journey to the very end.

There's one final thing you need to know, I'll

whisper in your ear before I go....."I'm leaving

first to find the way...so I can lead you back here with me on your last day."  -(SLong)

"For love is as strong as death....
Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.
If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."

-Song of Solomon 8:6-7

What a handsome boy Mumbo is. I am truly sorry for your loss of Mumbo.

Rest well sweetie.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

What a stunning boy. I am so very sorry he left so soon.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how I missed this when you posted. I am so sorry for your loss.  Mumbo was a very handsome dude. 

Run-free, Mumbo. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

• 3 weeks later...

I missed this too, but I know that sympathetic thoughts are never too late.  I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your beautiful boy.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter