All toys are mine, mine, mine...

Hoku is a toy hoarder. We keep the toys in a bin and he takes them out the dog door one at a time. If they are inside, he takes them out the dog door, and the closer to dinner time the more actively he carefully removes them. One by one out they go! Does your hound do this? It seems that he is teaching Deva the same trick. She is fairy new, just a year or so, and suddenly today she decides to copy Hoku. Crazy hounds... 

We have 3 year old Staghound littermates.  Kaja likes to play with toys in the yard and Potter is the opposite of your Hoku...she carefully brings all toys that are outside back inside--which would be fine, except Kaja is still playing with them! I guess she's more "fun police" than "toy hoarder."...but you're right, hounds are crazy!

1 hour ago, FuzzyHounds said:

We have 3 year old Staghound littermates.  Kaja likes to play with toys in the yard and Potter is the opposite of your Hoku...she carefully brings all toys that are outside back inside--which would be fine, except Kaja is still playing with them! I guess she's more "fun police" than "toy hoarder."...but you're right, hounds are crazy!

I've had a few hounds that took their toys outside, but this is the first time I've heard of one who brought them back in :lol

Really!  I'd love it if I could teach them to put the toys away when they're done!!!

We actually can't have toys out at our house because one of them (coffcoff Felcity! coff coff) thinks all the toys *are* hers and no one else should have any toys ever!!!  And she backs that attitude up with snarlies and ugly face!  She resource guards toys and special treats so we have to monitor all play times!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Buddy takes his out one at a time too. He starts with his favourite (the standard issue grunting hog) and as he walks past he glances sideways at you to see if he can tempt you out to play. If you dare to bring them in he will take them out again. And when playtime is finished, he comes inside and leaves all his toys outside and his sucker humans go around the garden picking them all up. It’s what we were put on this earth to do, we have decided 😊

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

My Eve had very strong feelings that toys belonged inside the house.  Baz would take one or two outside to play, and WHAM -- Eve would actually take them away from him and bring them back inside.  She never interfered when he played with them inside.  But we all lived by her laws, enforced with an iron paw inside the velvet dog boot.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter