Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, gr8kids said:

Oh sweet St Nick....I am sorry to say I had to send Bo to the rainbow bridge yesterday...my heart is broken, and I am dogless for the first time in 11 years.  I don't want to mess things up so I will do it for my friend's grey Mookie.  She is 7 yrs old, a small bossy brindle girl.  She loves stuffies.  She has no food allergies or limitations.  She likes to go for walks and bark in the yard. 

 I love tea any flavor but ginger or with hibiscus,  and love dark chocolate, nuts (not pistachio or cashew)  and sweets of course.  I love popcorn too!    I hope this helps. 

I am so sorry! :grouphug Mookie will love that you are doing this for her. 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Punkin. Annie. Miss M.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, Knot Like The Others.

 

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Call Tricia, calling Hopper 
Would you answer some elfin questions? 
So Santa can be an informed shopper!


Advice is sought about your terrier
Then this elf will complete her duties
And all our holidays will be merrier!


To best help with Hooper’s beauty slumber
I need some specifics:
A dimension, a number!

Would you help and take the measure

Of the height, length, and width
On this sweet senior treasure? 

From base of neck to base of tail
How many are the inches
Making up that trail?

And her chest, please go around
So we know the circumference
Of the belly of this terrier-hound!


And on the human side of gifts:
Any cravings for things sweet or salty? 
Don't want the hand that feeds to be miffed!
 

Do you like things that are artisanal and hand-wrought?
Do you like things local and handmade
As well as those that are store bought?

 
Be assured Santa would be very precise
To mark what's liver, and what's not.
A mouthful of not-chocolate, ick, not so nice!


With all this info I will flitter
Back to Santa's workshop.
Here's hoping that your holidays glitter!

Kendra, devoted walker of Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia) and her son Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia).

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/7/04 - 2/20/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds,
    Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/16/03 - 10/29/14, who really knew what a good dog she was,
    and Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/13/10 - 1/31/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

:read ELFGRAM FOR CEE MAGIC :read 

Hear ye, Hear ye
A message for Cee Cee
Your Santa needs to know
what presents to bestow!

Which treats make you beg for more?
Do any make your belly sore?
Please tell us what would bring you joy:
do you have a favorite toy?

Are you a hound with sisters and brothers?
Oh, and what about your human mother?
Does she like chocolate, coffee, or tea
Honey, or something else entirely?

What else can you share about your momma
to ensure Santa's gifts are free of drama?
Please answer soon, we do implore
as Santa's excited to hit the stores! 

 

17369590311_3d5eeef92f.jpg

Rachel with Sweep and kitties Olive and Momo.
Always missing my boys Mud and
Henry

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

:read ELFGRAM FOR CEE MAGIC :read 

Hear ye, Hear ye
A message for Cee Cee
Your Santa needs to know
what presents to bestow!

Which treats make you beg for more?
Do any make your belly sore?
Please tell us what would bring you joy:
do you have a favorite toy?

Are you a hound with sisters and brothers?
Oh, and what about your human mother?
Does she like chocolate, coffee, or tea
Honey, or something else entirely?

What else can you share about your momma
to ensure Santa's gifts are free of drama?
Please answer soon, we do implore
as Santa's excited to hit 

 
CC's mouth is minus 24 teeth
Soft or delicate must be the treats
Her food must be protein low
But her treats don't need to be so
If you still want to be protein free 
People cookies are right up her tree
 
As for toys she loves them so
Soft and squeaky,  perfect to throw.
Big or small, either is fine
She plays with all, time after time.
Her sister Emma doesn't play much
It's cookies for her that is the right touch
 
 But have no worries for dear Emma 
She's got her own Special Secret Santa 
Momma, however loves her chocolate dark
Cookies, coffee,  cake, even candy bark.
I like stuff savory,  I like stuff sweet, 
I just need to stay away from heat (spicy hot)
 
Other hobbies are worldwide travel
Gardening,  canning, sugaring unrivalled. 
And dear Santa before I forget
Thank you so much for all you have sent.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Odin got an Elfster inquiry about his likes and I can't answer.  Every time I click to respond, it takes me to Shine's page.  I hope his Secret Santa can read this here.

 

Odin, sweet Odin, tell me true, what can Santa bring to you? Savory snacks, a stuffie that squeaks? Xmas is coming in just a few weeks!

Odin loves toys especially those that squeak and make noise.  And, snacks of course.  Sometimes he eats more than a horse.  Christmas is not our day, but Hanukkah for us is the way.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MP_the4pack said:
 
CC's mouth is minus 24 teeth
Soft or delicate must be the treats
Her food must be protein low
But her treats don't need to be so
If you still want to be protein free 
People cookies are right up her tree
 
As for toys she loves them so
Soft and squeaky,  perfect to throw.
Big or small, either is fine
She plays with all, time after time.
Her sister Emma doesn't play much
It's cookies for her that is the right touch
 
 But have no worries for dear Emma 
She's got her own Special Secret Santa 
Momma, however loves her chocolate dark
Cookies, coffee,  cake, even candy bark.
I like stuff savory,  I like stuff sweet, 
I just need to stay away from heat (spicy hot)
 
Other hobbies are worldwide travel
Gardening,  canning, sugaring unrivalled. 
And dear Santa before I forget
Thank you so much for all you have sent.

 

Another rhyming reply
Oh me, oh my!
If you need another job for yourself,
you have what it takes to become an elf.
Thanks so much for responding so quick
it's much appreciated by your St. Nick!

17369590311_3d5eeef92f.jpg

Rachel with Sweep and kitties Olive and Momo.
Always missing my boys Mud and
Henry

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 1:07 PM, Kestrel said:

Call Tricia, calling Hopper 
Would you answer some elfin questions? 
So Santa can be an informed shopper!


Advice is sought about your terrier
Then this elf will complete her duties
And all our holidays will be merrier!


To best help with Hooper’s beauty slumber
I need some specifics:
A dimension, a number!

Would you help and take the measure

Of the height, length, and width
On this sweet senior treasure? 

From base of neck to base of tail
How many are the inches
Making up that trail?

And her chest, please go around
So we know the circumference
Of the belly of this terrier-hound!


And on the human side of gifts:
Any cravings for things sweet or salty? 
Don't want the hand that feeds to be miffed!
 

Do you like things that are artisanal and hand-wrought?
Do you like things local and handmade
As well as those that are store bought?

 
Be assured Santa would be very precise
To mark what's liver, and what's not.
A mouthful of not-chocolate, ick, not so nice!


With all this info I will flitter
Back to Santa's workshop.
Here's hoping that your holidays glitter!

Sorry that it’s taken so long to get this info back to you! 

It’s hard to measure a terrier! LOL! Hopper is 17 inches long from belly to tail. Her belly is 18 inches around at the widest part. As for me, I have loved all of the Christmas ornaments we have received in Secret Santa. They remind me of the wonderful people we’ve met in this community. Thank you Santa and thank you Kestrel, the elf! :)

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Hopper the terrier mix and Kaia the wolfhound-schnauzer mix
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, and Holly
 Oaks Holly 
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“ -Bob Dylan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...