Calling all elves!

MP_the4pack

Someone who is participating in the SS will contact you and ask you to ask their recipient what they like or don't like,  and what their dog likes or dislikes.

You then come onto this forum to ask that question without giving away the identity of the SS.

While it is not required, it seems tradition has it done in the form of a poem. But many are just not poets, so you don't have to do it that way.

Here's a quick cheesy example:

Topaz and Mary,  I've come your way,

As Santa asked me on this special day

To ask does Mary like chocolate and Topaz chicken

I need to know as this plot thickens....

Ok, get the idea?

I'm happy to be an elf!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

The Elves have been busy

And are all in a tizzy,

Running errands for Saint Nick!

:snowman

So if you see your name 

Play along with our game!

We need all the hints we can gain...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

GR8kids   aka   Kathy & Bo!

Eeeny, meeny, miny, moe....

What treats or toys might suit Bo?

And Kathy, sweet Kathy...don’t shed a tear!

Treats will be coming for you too, my dear!

We just need to know if you’ve got an allergy?

And shall it be savory?

Or sweets from the bakery?

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

:read ATTENTION, ATTENTION

Greetings dear Irene and Shine!
To make your Christmas most divine 
Your Santa asks a favor please
Do you like chicken, sweets, or cheese?
Do squeaky toys make Shine's heart sing?
Please tell us, what should Santa bring?
And lest this elf forget to mention
We need Miss Shine's svelte dimensions
Thank you both for your reply
Sincerely yours, from Santa's spy.

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Seems like we have plenty of elves... but if you need more I'm in!

Not sure my rhyming will be any good but I'd do my best!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

2 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

:read ATTENTION, ATTENTION

Greetings dear Irene and Shine!
To make your Christmas most divine 
Your Santa asks a favor please
Do you like chicken, sweets, or cheese?
Do squeaky toys make Shine's heart sing?
Please tell us, what should Santa bring?
And lest this elf forget to mention
We need Miss Shine's svelte dimensions
Thank you both for your reply
Sincerely yours, from Santa's spy.

If, you please, Shine does like chicken, sweets and cheese.  She like BIG toys she can drag around.  The bigger the better she even pulls on the ground.  We don't do Christmas, Hanukkah is our choice.  For Christmas carols we have no voice.  Miss Shine weighs 69, but she looks fine in a pinch.  I would say her length is medium or a 29 inch.  What ever Santa brings will make her happy and she would share with her brother as he gets yappy.  Thanks.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

16 minutes ago, Houndtime said:

If, you please, Shine does like chicken, sweets and cheese.  She like BIG toys she can drag around.  The bigger the better she even pulls on the ground.  We don't do Christmas, Hanukkah is our choice.  For Christmas carols we have no voice.  Miss Shine weighs 69, but she looks fine in a pinch.  I would say her length is medium or a 29 inch.  What ever Santa brings will make her happy and she would share with her brother as he gets yappy.  Thanks.

Oh, pardon me for that mistake!
We hope your Hanukkah will be just great.
Thank you for answering--in verse, no less!
Consider this elf most impressed. 

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

O Emerald, o Emerald,
What gifts would warm your Christmas cold?
What colors and designs devine
Make your black fur amp up the shine?
Do you love to chew on anything?
What treats put jangle in your jing?
How long and tall and slim are you?
Will you want to share with all your crew?
And Mary Pat, o Mary Pat
What makes your heart go pit-a-pat?

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

On 11/18/2019 at 7:23 PM, BatterseaBrindl said:

GR8kids   aka   Kathy & Bo!

Eeeny, meeny, miny, moe....

What treats or toys might suit Bo?

And Kathy, sweet Kathy...don’t shed a tear!

Treats will be coming for you too, my dear!

We just need to know if you’ve got an allergy?

And shall it be savory?

Or sweets from the bakery?

Oh sweet St Nick....I am sorry to say I had to send Bo to the rainbow bridge yesterday...my heart is broken, and I am dogless for the first time in 11 years.  I don't want to mess things up so I will do it for my friend's grey Mookie.  She is 7 yrs old, a small bossy brindle girl.  She loves stuffies.  She has no food allergies or limitations.  She likes to go for walks and bark in the yard. 

I love tea any flavor but ginger or with hibiscus,  and love dark chocolate, nuts (not pistachio or cashew)  and sweets of course.  I love popcorn too!    I hope this helps. 

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.

28 minutes ago, gr8kids said:

Oh sweet St Nick....I am sorry to say I had to send Bo to the rainbow bridge yesterday...my heart is broken, and I am dogless for the first time in 11 years.  I don't want to mess things up so I will do it for my friend's grey Mookie.  She is 7 yrs old, a small bossy brindle girl.  She loves stuffies.  She has no food allergies or limitations.  She likes to go for walks and bark in the yard. 

I love tea any flavor but ginger or with hibiscus,  and love dark chocolate, nuts (not pistachio or cashew)  and sweets of course.  I love popcorn too!    I hope this helps. 

From one of your former Secret Santas, I just wanted to say how sorry I am about Bo. You're so sweet to do this for Mookie. Hugs.

58 minutes ago, gr8kids said:

I am so saddened to learn of your loss of Bo at such a special time. 

2 hours ago, gr8kids said:

I am so sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

2 hours ago, gr8kids said:

I am in tears. I don't know what to say. :crying :weep

{{{{{{{{{{ Kathy }}}}}}}}}

3 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

O Emerald, o Emerald,
What gifts would warm your Christmas cold?
What colors and designs devine
Make your black fur amp up the shine?
Do you love to chew on anything?
What treats put jangle in your jing?
How long and tall and slim are you?
Will you want to share with all your crew?
And Mary Pat, o Mary Pat
What makes your heart go pit-a-pat?

Emerald is an emerald green girl.  She wears it well. Every once in a blue moon she'll grab a toy and toss it, then she's done. So I  wouldn't worry about toys. But she's got all her teeth and loves food. I do stay away from rawhide and stuff not made in the USA. And she's very good at sharing. But her sister from Macau China is in renal failure (thus, no China treats) and is missing most of her teeth. I'm sure Santa will bring her sister plenty of her own special treats. Emma is about 25" long and 25" tall if I measured right. She's an average 60 lbs girl.

I like food! Salty or sweet. A super severe chocoholic. (Candy, cookie, coffee, cake, hot chocolate,  ice cream...you get the idea :D) I do need to stay away from spicy hot. (Heartburn) I'm also travelling a lot now that I'm retired.  And am big into gardening and home grown stuff. 

I hope that helps Santa. 

Thank you so much.