ROCKET'S SPOIL YOUR HOUND DAY

racindog

19 minutes ago, Rickiesmom said:

Vonnie is on a restricted diet, but was treated to tripe jello.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm.  Barney had some too. 

Mom's lunch included cheddar cheese, so we cheated and each of them got a little of that too.  Happy hounds!!

Tripe jello! What a greyt idea. I'll bet they go nuts over it! Is it a secret recipe?

Logan likes walking, he got spoiled with seven miles yesterday and four miles (so far) today, all but a couple miles of that in the Cleveland and Lorain metroparks.

But this "spoil your hound day" seems to be food oriented. He got cooked ground turkey in his breakfast yesterday and today, tuna (no salt added) in his dinner Saturday and (will) again tonight.   ...    Of course, he gets turkey in his breakfast every morning, and tuna every night, so not sure that counts :-)  He did get almond milk last night, and probably will again tonight. But again, he gets that most nights...

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

21 minutes ago, rsieg said:

Logan likes walking, he got spoiled with seven miles yesterday and four miles (so far) today, all but a couple miles of that in the Cleveland and Lorain metroparks.

But this "spoil your hound day" seems to be food oriented. He got cooked ground turkey in his breakfast yesterday and today, tuna (no salt added) in his dinner Saturday and (will) again tonight.   ...    Of course, he gets turkey in his breakfast every morning, and tuna every night, so not sure that counts :-)  He did get almond milk last night, and probably will again tonight. But again, he gets that most nights...

Wow! 7 miles and then 4 more today! He does love walking! He sure keeps you in good shape to don't he? Maybe I need to eat more turkey. I'll have to check lit out on t-day!

1 hour ago, racindog said:

Tripe jello! What a greyt idea. I'll bet they go nuts over it! Is it a secret recipe?

No secret.  I mix about 1/4 can of Tripett (any flavour) with a scant 2c water, then add a diluted-per-directions sachet of gelatin.  Sometimes I add little bits of chopped veg or apple for added texture.  You could use more tripe if wanted.

Since tripe stinks so much has such a compelling aroma, the advantage is that you don't have to heat the water or the tripe. Just combine everything really, really well, cover and put into the fridge.

More recently I've started using a bit more more of the total water to mix with the gelatin - it makes it easier to blend everything together. 

The dogs are more than willing to pre-wash the main jello dish when empty, so all you have to do is swish with water and put into the dishwasher.

As an aside, you can use the same approach with unsalted chicken stock, either on its own or to enrich the tripe version.

If your dog needs extra collagen, you can double or triple the gelatin (just use extra water to dilute it).  The more gelatin the bouncier it is.

4 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl 

Cletus KLTO seems to excel at the French Fry game. 

We still miss Rocket every day.  Even with the girls here, there is just not the same level of chaos as having a big, goofy boy in the house. 

PeeS - Happy Birthday, Punkin! 

We miss him too. :bighug

(Punkin says fanks!)

4 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

Bloody hell! Who needs a vacuum cleaner, right?

:gmark

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

4 minutes ago, Rickiesmom said:

No secret.  I mix about 1/4 can of Tripett (any flavour) with a scant 2c water, then add a diluted-per-directions sachet of gelatin.  Sometimes I add little bits of chopped veg or apple for added texture.  You could use more tripe if wanted.

Since tripe stinks so much has such a compelling aroma, the advantage is that you don't have to heat the water or the tripe. Just combine everything really, really well, cover and put into the fridge.

More recently I've started using a bit more more of the total water to mix with the gelatin - it makes it easier to blend everything together. 

The dogs are more than willing to pre-wash the main jello dish when empty, so all you have to do is swish with water and put into the dishwasher.

As an aside, you can use the same approach with unsalted chicken stock, either on its own or to enrich the tripe version.

If your dog needs extra collagen, you can double or triple the gelatin (just use extra water to dilute it).  The more gelatin the bouncier it is.

Maybe pin that in the recipe thread? Um, nah :puke  :lol (although the hounds must surely love it!) :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:chow      Nigel, Sid & Kibo had some yummy Cesars stew with their kibble tonight  :chow

It was also milder today so we enjoyed a longer walkie before I had to go to work and Kibo enjoyed an extra vigorous workout with the flirt pole when I got home   :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

13 hours ago, Rickiesmom said:

THANK YOU!!!!!! Woof-woof----whine(because Octane loves to whine about everything hehe)

Rocket would declare "Spoil Your Hound Day" a success!  I know he would be really happy to know of all of the goodies that everyone had on his birthday. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

You know I could feel his happiness and approval! I am so happy there were so many hounds and humans that participated in the Spoil Your Hound celebration that marks his birthday. Rocket will always be loved on Greytalk.:beatheart In the calendar for next year and looking forward to french fry day this spring!