ROCKET'S SPOIL YOUR HOUND DAY

racindog

For those GT'rs that have been around a while you won't want to miss this Sunday the 24th. 

November 24 was Rocket's birthday. :confetti

Last year when he crossed over in October,  his birthday was changed to "Spoil Your Hound Day."   It was just a day to do something with your hounds like a special walk, or get them a special treat like ice cream or fries etc.  Rocket would be proud to give other hounds any excuse to have food that was no good for them. :lol

Rocket's French Fry Day in April is also National French Fry Day. 

We love you and your beautiful wife Lexie forever Rocket! Never forgotten. :beatheart:beatheart

November 24th is also my Jenny’s birthday! She’ll be 2 years old. I’ll be sure to spoil her extra special in honor of dear Rocket. 

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Grace and I will be going on a greyhound walk around Wollaton Park in Nottingham on that day with a lot of other greyhounds. I'm sure she could be persuaded to participate in the odd French Fry (chips in the UK :D) at the end of it in honour of Rocket. 

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

1 hour ago, MP_the4pack said:

How can I spoil them more when they are already spoiled rotten?

Example: does anyone else give ice cream or egg nog (depending  on season) every single night?

I’m pretty sure Rocket got ice cream every night, I know it was in the instructions when he stayed with us :lol

2 hours ago, MP_the4pack said:

How can I spoil them more when they are already spoiled rotten?

Example: does anyone else give ice cream or egg nog (depending  on season) every single night?

1 hour ago, Remolacha said:

I’m pretty sure Rocket got ice cream every night, I know it was in the instructions when he stayed with us :lol

Rocket let us know when it was 8:15 PM every evening.  That's when he had ice cream.  Not that he was spoiled. :rotfl

Rocket would be proud to know that other hounds are going to get to eat things they shouldn't have in his honor.  

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:beatheart

Cletus is ready!  :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

We'll be visiting other houndies...we could have a party!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

So far today Buddy has had the finished cream tub and the gravy from our lunch plates...if this seems a little mean on ‘Spoil your hound day’ it’s because he’s still on a diet from being spoilt too much in the last 18 months. Later I will be adding a little bit of salmon risotto to his tea, possibly delivered in an ice cream cone. We will probably end the day with a little light spooning with ear and tummy scritches on the living room floor. Is this adequate?

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

On 11/22/2019 at 5:26 AM, racindog said:

You know its true! Calvin is smart. He knows that he loves to be spoiled and you love spoiling him so it's a win-win. Be like Calvin. :beatheart

Way to go, Calvin! 

3 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

So far today Buddy has had the finished cream tub and the gravy from our lunch plates...if this seems a little mean on ‘Spoil your hound day’ it’s because he’s still on a diet from being spoilt too much in the last 18 months. Later I will be adding a little bit of salmon risotto to his tea, possibly delivered in an ice cream cone. We will probably end the day with a little light spooning with ear and tummy scritches on the living room floor. Is this adequate?

Sounds like Buddy is celebrating Rocket's Birthday in style! 

2 hours ago, Remolacha said:

Val isn't much of a foodie, I might try some eggnog later. We will definitely be going on an extra long walk this morning.

Sounds like a perfect plan. 

Trolley is here hanging out with the girls today, so a little later we will make a run for french fries.  There may also be some ice cream served a little later too.  

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Camper Spoiling, check!

Happy Birthday Rocket :beatheart Thanks for the memories. 

For Rocket’s people :bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

4 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Camper Spoiling, check!

That is too cool!!!!! My favorite part was listening to the sounds of them inhaling the fries!!!!!!

Octane started the morning with 3 or 4 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of bacon!, a human sized scoop of fresh fried hash browns, and a dab of pumpkin.  He just finished a Buddy Biscuit treat. Tonight he will have one of his favorites: raw beef kidney and raw ground turkey neck. That will be followed by some homemade pumpkin pie with a little milk for a chaser for his midnight snack before bedtime!

Octane is a foodie and loves the food but you know though this is still more fun for me I think.  It is wonderful to specifically take a day and spoil your hound! Heaven knows they deserve it. Thank you Rocket!!! And HAPPY !!!!!!!BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! 

:beatheart:banana:kiss2:balloonparty:pepper:b-day Octane says he loves you Rocket-can't thank you enough :hehe

1 hour ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Camper Spoiling, check!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl 

Cletus KLTO seems to excel at the French Fry game. 

We still miss Rocket every day.  Even with the girls here, there is just not the same level of chaos as having a big, goofy boy in the house. 

PeeS - Happy Birthday, Punkin! 

2 minutes ago, Rickiesmom said:

Vonnie is on a restricted diet, but was treated to tripe jello.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm.  Barney had some too. 

Mom's lunch included cheddar cheese, so we cheated and each of them got a little of that too.  Happy hounds!!

2 words that never in my life, did I think I would see together. :rotfl