Hi From Some New/Old Members

a_daerr

Hi everyone! My name is Alicia, it's been years since I've been active on GT. I came here on a whim today and was happy to see so many new members, but also so sad to see many pups who have passed. :weep In the time I dropped off from GT, life has changed so much! Sterling and I got married, bought a new house, had a baby, and grown Wetherby's immensely. Our two hounds, puppy Truman (8-years-old now) and Wolfgang (5-years-old) are still with us and doing great. [Folks often recognize Truman at events, and I am happy to report he is still grumpy as ever, and makes his presence known everywhere we go.] We also have a very special Oriental cat named Chippy, who is equally grumpy and full of sass. I am very excited to catch up with old friends and meet new ones. Once I figure out how to attach photos, I'll share a few of our family.

large.IMG_3687.JPG.5e04e9e1a4fe79d3d357a86c69776ad5.JPG

Edited by a_daerr
Edited to add photo

Welcome back!

I'm glad to hear that you've been doing well. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:wave Welcome back!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:wave Hi Alicia. I didn't go to any greyhound events this year, so hopefully I'll see you next year. Lovely pic...everyone looks so happy.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome back! Great to hear all the wonderful updates/changes in your life, and all the things that are still the same!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Good to see you here Alicia. 

I get always get comments when I wear your "greyhound sporting eye glasses" tee shirt.  The collar I got from you for little Hada, my podenco maneta, at GIG last year is my favorite.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hi Alicia!  Nice to see some of the old names pop up, and good to see how well you're doing.  That's such a beautiful photo of your family!

I don't know if you remember me ... I've had a long hiatus from GT too.  I've been busy with my own little greyhound group here in England.  A few years ago I got involved with supporting a local branch of the Greyhound Trust and now manage their website and a very active Facebook group for them.  Getting new photos for the website is like getting blood out of a stone, but it still brings in a good number of people to adopt and Brambleberry Greyhounds has been commended for their high number of adoptions considering that they are relatively small - for the last couple of years it's been over a hundred adoptions a year and still climbing.   We have a new girl - from Brambleberry, naturally - called Jessie. She's a pretty white and blue fawn, she's a smart girl, and is learning fast. We've only had her since February. 

I don't suppose you're the lady we used to get the tattoo number necklace tags from?  I seem to remember it was someone called Alicia ... 

Jessie-Squirrels_2-CuckooHollow11Jul19.jpg

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

2 hours ago, silverfish said:

I don't suppose you're the lady we used to get the tattoo number necklace tags from?  I seem to remember it was someone called Alicia ... 

That was probably Beth Wade - https://www.etsy.com/listing/130916145/personalized-greyhound-necklace?ref=shop_home_active_13

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

18 minutes ago, winnie said:

Might have been, but those ones aren't the same as the ones I have.  Has she changed her style?  I'd really like to add one for Jessie to the same necklace.  This is what mine are like. As you can see, the way the top of each pendant twists makes them lie nicely against each other. 

ATattooNecklace.jpg

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

7 hours ago, silverfish said:

Might have been, but those ones aren't the same as the ones I have.  Has she changed her style?  I'd really like to add one for Jessie to the same necklace.  This is what mine are like. As you can see, the way the top of each pendant twists makes them lie nicely against each other. 

ATattooNecklace.jpg

Hummm.... not sure. This Alicia doesn’t make jewelry - she makes awesome collars and clothing (https://www.etsy.com/shop/WetherbyMartingaleCo?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=674535711&ga_search_query=wetherby martingale). I’m not sure who might have made those, but they are pretty cool! 

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

On 11/14/2019 at 5:47 AM, silverfish said:

Hi Alicia!  Nice to see some of the old names pop up, and good to see how well you're doing.  That's such a beautiful photo of your family!

I don't know if you remember me ... I've had a long hiatus from GT too.  I've been busy with my own little greyhound group here in England.  A few years ago I got involved with supporting a local branch of the Greyhound Trust and now manage their website and a very active Facebook group for them.  Getting new photos for the website is like getting blood out of a stone, but it still brings in a good number of people to adopt and Brambleberry Greyhounds has been commended for their high number of adoptions considering that they are relatively small - for the last couple of years it's been over a hundred adoptions a year and still climbing.   We have a new girl - from Brambleberry, naturally - called Jessie. She's a pretty white and blue fawn, she's a smart girl, and is learning fast. We've only had her since February. 

Jessie-Squirrels_2-CuckooHollow11Jul19.jpg

Hi Judy :wave

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back and congratulations on your wonderful life events.  You have a beautiful family.  The tattoo necklaces you have were from 2 Hounds Design.  The owners name is Alicia.  Here’s the website but I don’t see the necklaces listed.  Contact them to see if they still can make one.  https://www.2houndsdesign.com/about-us/

Bernadette with Jak, Horizon, Kota, Barnaby, Madison, Earl, Tiggy, Finney, Tommy, Woody, Tyler and Lincoln all at the bridge

• 2 months later...

Hi Judy!

And welcome back, Alicia!  I remember you & Truman!   I'm still here & still greyhoundless...  2 new kitties, but no doggy...

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)