Welcome Amelia and Carmen!

17 minutes ago, Kestrel said:

Congrats! They are both adorable! :wub:

Thank you! :colgate

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

They are lovely girls. Congratulations!

My last girl I adopted at 2 years old.My boy was 6 at the time. She still tries to get him to play. He is like " girl you crazy". She twirls and spins like mad and throws the stuffies all over, they bounce off the ceiling. She is a lot of fun. She ran 23 races and her racing name was Diana Ross. She is now called Neko.

6 hours ago, MP_the4pack said:

Carmen looks just like my Emma when she was that age! Is she a Flying Penske dog?

She’s pretty awesome. A little crazy but awesome. 

5 hours ago, lukasmom said:

They are lovely girls. Congratulations!

My last girl I adopted at 2 years old.My boy was 6 at the time. She still tries to get him to play. He is like " girl you crazy". She twirls and spins like mad and throws the stuffies all over, they bounce off the ceiling. She is a lot of fun. She ran 23 races and her racing name was Diana Ross. She is now called Neko.

Diana Ross! That’s awesome! Amelia likes the stuffies. Carmen isn’t too interested. 

5 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

They are adorable!  Congratulations to all of you!

Thank you!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Thank you all!

Gotta say so far they are both just lovely. 
We had company over the weekend, and 2 little happy dogs and it made me appreciate greyhounds so much!!!

My 2 2-year old greyhounds who’ve only been in our house a week behaved better than these 2 little dogs. 

Congrats on these beautiful noodles! I'm also making the transition to working out of the house (I worked from home for the first few weeks so we could do alone training gradually). It's pretty stressful (for me) but Dino just whines a little after I leave and then goes back to torturing his squeaky toys, so I think it's going pretty well. Use of Kongs and leaving music on seem to help. It's good that they have each other. I've found that modeling calmness can be a great help with showing a dog there's nothing to be anxious about, so having another dog there to do that seems like a great bonus to having two!

1 minute ago, sportingnews said:

Congrats on these beautiful noodles! I'm also making the transition to working out of the house (I worked from home for the first few weeks so we could do alone training gradually). It's pretty stressful (for me) but Dino just whines a little after I leave and then goes back to torturing his squeaky toys, so I think it's going pretty well. Use of Kongs and leaving music on seem to help. It's good that they have each other. I've found that modeling calmness can be a great help with showing a dog there's nothing to be anxious about, so having another dog there to do that seems like a great bonus to having two!

Good luck! And thank you!

And I think you are right... calmness is contagious.

BTW they have both now discovered the couch... so they are off to a great start of being spoiled rotten!

On 11/5/2019 at 11:07 AM, 2greyhoundMINI said:

BTW they have both now discovered the couch... so they are off to a great start of being spoiled rotten!

So cute!  I love thinking about them being all piled up together on the couch, just snoozing the day away, waiting for mom and dad to get home so the real fun can begin.

Update: both girls are just awesome! 

I can't believe in just over 2 weeks they both have taken over my house and seem to feel "at home".

They now run around the yard and chase each other. 

At night they now stay in our bedroom with us and they are quite happy to do this. They both just want to be with us.

When we leave for work they are quiet and park on the couch.

I seriously can't believe they are only 2 and only with us for 2 weeks?????????

Only ones pissed are my kitties :rolleyes:

Edited by 2greyhoundMINI

Just asked for an update on the anxious dog thread before seeing this latest post.  I am so happy for all!  It must feel so wonderful for this transition to be as smooth as it has been, and for the girls to me mending your hearts as they bond with each other.

congrats!!!! :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Well, I spoke a little too soon about bliss at home...

See my post in Training and Behavior under "Help! Is this an aggressive dog?"

I think I was a little upset when I posted it and have since calmed down. Anyone with wisdom please chime in.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are doing much better and the girls seem to have figured out the house is now their house. 

The pecking order has been established:

1. Cats

2. Amelia

3. Carmen

LOL this was pretty much the case with the last 2. 

Edited by 2greyhoundMINI

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the girls...

Both are doing great! They continue to behave while we are at work without crates. 

Amelia is an old soul... she acts like a brood momma to Carmen. When Carmen gets too unruly she tends to scold and herd her. It’s very cute. Carmen is a typical 2 year old... full of energy always. She is very smart and always wants to please. 

I'm so happy the 2 seem to be settling in to their forever home nicely. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/27/2019 at 1:26 PM, Remolacha said:

:confetti:confetti Two 2yr olds :yikes You are in for a lot of fun!

hahaha - yep - LOTS of tun!

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

• 1 month later...