Milo Miscellany

Bits and pieces about life with my brindle lurcher:

Milo's infamous for eating anything and everything, but he recently hit a new high (or low).  One item culled in a recent freezer cleanout was a 3-year-old package of whole cranberries.  I dumped the contents over a side fence for birds to eat.  A few rolled back under the fence and before I know it, Milo is lying on his side and burrowing that long schnozz under the fence to try to get more old, frozen, unsweetened cranberries.  CRANBERRIES?  Seriously, Milo ...

Killer ears.  They're floppy, like a coonhound's.  And he specializes in getting real close to you, like standing between your legs, and then shaking his head rapidly.  It feels like your legs are getting sprayed by a machine gun.  Milo evidently feels he scores extra points if you're wearing shorts.

He had a wellness physical recently as required by his therapy dog certification, and got a senior (how did this happen?) bloodwork panel done.  Vet said, "He's as perfect on the inside as he is on the outside."  :)  

Milo has many signature songs made just for him.  There's Milo Man (to the tune of Macho Man), and M-I-L-O (to the tune of YMCA).  Latest favorite is for when he backs up to me for butt scritches.  It's a version of the old jazz classic, Minnie the Moocher:

Folks, here's a story 'bout Milo the Moocher
He is a handsome hoochie-coocher
He's got  a long and curly tail 
And Milo has a heart as big as a whale
Hi-dee hi-dee hi-dee hi (hi-dee hi-dee hi-dee hi)
Whoa-a-a-a-ah (whoa-a-a-a-ah)
Hee-dee-hee-dee-hee-dee-hee (hee-dee-hee-dee-hee-dee-hee)
He-e-e-e-e-e-e-y (he-e-e-e-e-e-e-y)

I'd like to try to train him to sing along with me on the hi-dee-hi chorus.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Life with Milo sounds fun! Butt scritches for you, dear Milo.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Ours love dried cranberries, too!  :blink:

Milo sounds like such a cute character.  Yay to being good and healthy!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

"Life With Milo" sounds like the name of a great Instagram account!!

:wub:  Milo!!!  :wub: 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Sounds like life is treating Milo quite well!

:thumbs-up Milo

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Milo, you're a special boy. :rofl 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Milo! :wub: 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.