DOES YOUR GREYHOUND 'UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING YOU SAY'?

DOES YOUR GREYHOUND 'UNDERSTAND 'EVERY WORD YOU SAY'?

The photo below shows my beloved first greyhound Charlie with me a month before the end of his life. He'd had degenerative myelopathy for about three years at this point - managed very well with multiple 5-10 minute walks every day, weekly hydrotherapy sessions and ramps for steps and the car. Even so, you can see that his back legs had lost a lot of muscle by this point due to this progressive neurological condition. However, on this occasion he had still managed to climb with relative ease (my partner was with me and would have carried him if necessary) to the top of the biggest hill on our favourite walk, where this photo was taken and where I later scattered his ashes.

PLEASE READ ON for some important information that I've recently been given and have been guided to pass on to all animal lovers.

I'm sure you've heard it said at some point that 'your dog understands every word you say'. Personally I didn't used to believe that this was necessarily true, although I knew that they did discern a lot from our tone of voice and body language etc. However, from my work as an Emotion Code practitioner for people and pets I (and more recently as an animal communicator) I now know that it is completely, and sometimes devastatingly, true.

One of things I was shown just recently to illustrate this involved one of my own dearly departed greyhounds, my very precious and deeply cherished Charlie. He was almost 13 years old and had been suffering from degenerative myelopathy for about 3 years at that point. I'd come home from work after leaving him for four hours and found him unable to fully support himself on his back legs and very distressed. I phoned my then partner (now my husband) to come straight home from work and he lifted him into the back of my car for me. I got in the back with him to support his back end and we drove to the vet in very frustrating rush hour traffic.

As I was struggling to support Charlie in the back of the car, I decided it was time to let him go and said so to my partner. I have now been shown that Charlie understood exactly what I meant and that, although he didn't mind leaving as he knew it wasn't a good idea for him to remain in his physical body any longer, he was nevertheless frightened by what I'd said. He has of course forgiven me and our love remains as strong as ever even though he's been 'gone' for almost 14 years now.

The lesson here for me, and also for all of you, is to please be very very careful indeed about what you think, and especially what you say, about and particularly in front of, your companion animals. They understand our thoughts in the same way but spoken words are more powerful, and written words are even more powerful. PLEASE SPEAK ONLY IN LOVING AND POSITIVE WAYS TO YOUR ANIMAL COMPANIONS and also please talk to them (very lovingly) about any issues that you are dealing with in their life or even your own life as that will also be affecting them. You can also ask them questions about what they'd like you to do for them and if you listen very careful you may be able to pick up what they are transmitting to you energetically in response.

Sending you and your beloved animal friends my heartfelt love <3

Charlie at Pegsdon.jpg

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I can't even wrap my head around this.   I am very sorry for your loss of Charlie. 
Totally agree dogs sense feelings and read cues people overlook but am not sure how to edit my thoughts and not sure there is a dog to English translation.

Maybe it's a good thing I have two hardscrabble thrown away dogs.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

1 hour ago, Hubcitypam said:

I can't even wrap my head around this.   I am very sorry for your loss of Charlie. 
Totally agree dogs sense feelings and read cues people overlook but am not sure how to edit my thoughts and not sure there is a dog to English translation.

Maybe it's a good thing I have two hardscrabble thrown away dogs.

It can be hard at times Pam - I'm constantly catching myself thinking or about to say something negative and then have to quickly turn it around. 

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I love this idea and will certainly work at doing a better job of communicating and especially listening. Thank you.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Although I know that our dogs understand many spoken words and the tone of our voice, I believe that we can communicate with them through imagery as well. I call it thinking 'with intent'. While I may speak words out loud to communicate an idea to my dog, I also send mental images of what I want to tell her. Sometimes, the imagery is enough for her to understand what I am trying to convey.  

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

17 hours ago, Hubcitypam said:

I think it's the tone of your voice and your actions, even the minutest ones including how fast you blink and breath, facial twitches etc as well as any odours that dogs pick up on. 

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

21 hours ago, Hawthorn said:

It can be hard at times Pam - I'm constantly catching myself thinking or about to say something negative and then have to quickly turn it around. 

Everyone that has had a yearling unsocialized pup straight off the farm (I've had dozens) and has never had a negative thought in frustration please raise your hand.  

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg