How often to feed?

We brought our greyhound home yesterday and have been feeding her the same (raw) food as the kennel and at the same time - 12:30 each day, and a small breakfast in the morning. However, she seems to get hungry in the morning and evening and she often paces for a few minutes or whines and follows us around - it's hard to tell if she's anxious, bored (she's having regular walks and she has a half full Kong), or hungry.

Should we feed her half a meal each in the morning and evening instead of a morning snack and a massive lunch, and is that likely to solve her restless behaviour?

Most people feed twice a day, morning and evening. Pick times that are convenient for you, she will adjust :) I will add, as they get older (like, 10-11) they may become less interested in morning meals, but I expect you are a several years away from that.

Once a day, have for years, and not problems.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I'm another who feeds twice a day. Half her food about 7:30 am and the rest about 4:30 pm

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Twice a day in the morning and evening. 

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

On 10/18/2019 at 12:17 PM, DaintyDutchess said:

Three smaller meals a day. Bedtime snack is a must or my girl has stomach issues. She can’t go very long in between feedings. She is on the smaller side. 

We're the same- we even went through a phase where we had to feed a lunch as well as he was having stomach issues. We're back to 3 times a day now.

4 hours ago, Daks said:

We're the same- we even went through a phase where we had to feed a lunch as well as he was having stomach issues. We're back to 3 times a day now.

Took me a minute to figure out at first but my grey thrives off the 3 meals. Glad to hear it works out for you as well.

I will give my grey a dog treat or two, as well as a  dental treat a day and no weight issues. She has maintained the same healthy weight consistently. Vet and I are pleased.
 I personally enjoy eating in a similar fashion :chow Few small meals and a treat or two.

Random Fun Fact: noticing my grey’s bald thighs are getting more furry. Someone’s gearing up for Wisconsin fall(winter)/winter. ;)

Random Fun Fact: noticing my grey’s bald thighs are getting more furry. Someone’s gearing up for Wisconsin fall(winter)/winter.

Real-life legwarmers  :)

Some of my dogs actually got more permanent fur their first year.  Others became balder and balder as the years went on, with above-mentioned seasonal variations.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter