Sign in to follow this  
cleptogrey

short but good AKC article

Having had nothing but greyhounds I think all other breeds, especially retrievers and small hounds are FAT.  I went out of my way to compliment a person walking a basset for the beautiful condition of his dog. It actually had a waist. 

:thumbs-up

My American hounds (Nixon, Ruby, Nigel) are naturally leaner than Irish born Sid. He is broader all over and not as aerodynamic.

And now we have Spanish Kibo ... Probably a Galgo/Greyhound mix...who's body structure is different again. And BoyHowdy..is he ever fast!

gallery_21971_3279_4012.jpg

Nancy...Mom to Ruby (Watch Me Dash),Nigel (Nigel) and Sid (Peteles Tiger)

Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope,BillieJean,Bandit and especially Nixon (Starz Sammie) waiting at the Bridge.

You know, I noticed that with Gino, his sire is Irish. Johnny was very long and lean, very sinuous, tall and muscular. Gino is a little chunkier, not quite as defined. Fuzzy is, of course, very fine boned and lean, but tall as Gino at the head when they both stare out the window.

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Good article.

I think most people's dogs are overweight!  But since I have one that weighs 92 lbs I don't have much room to talk!   Lilly - who had two Irish parents - is bigger, taller, broader, and naturally carries more weight than US bred dogs.  Even ones who weigh as much as she does are usually more aerodynamic. 

Chris - Mom to: Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Lilly, and Felicity ( DeLand )

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), and Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby),