Bella the Greyhound

Jakemedic

Greetings from our humble homestead in SE Iowa.  We just adopted “Slender Slim” fresh off the track. We renamed her “Bella”.  She is 4 years old and retired cause she wasn’t a winner. Would post pictures of our beautiful girl but the website doesn’t appear to be user friendly to do that. 

We lost our Angel Laci in March to kidney failure and our lives weren’t complete.  Bella is our 4th rescued greyhound over the last 20 years. They are wonderful pets and great companions. If someone can help with posting pictures, I would love to share !  Bella is a “blue face” girl and is incredibly beautiful. We went to the vet today and had bloodwork done and a general physical exam. She did loose a couple of pounds from her racing weight, but is eating and drinking well. It’s all new for her!  She still is a little skittish with all the new noises.  She loves her large comfy bed and sleeps through the night well. She has a wonderful grey run (fenced of course) and loves being home with my bride and I. 

Here is a link to a photo of her in the yard.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NbS6HMa2fjdzvLXaA

Be Safe Out There!

Jake

She is lovely, congratulations!

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

congrats!  she is lovely. :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

And she is the best girl!  Still spooked at the microwave going off and looks at the coffee maker like “that thing makes a funny sound”. She has done all her business outside, and finally barked and ran this morning when she seen a white tailed deer in the field. 

Greyhounds make the world a better place!

Be Safe Out There!

Jake