Best Bolster Beds?

smt

We have a foster that we are in danger of failing to let go.  If we keep her, we will need to get her a bolster bed, because she has this weird thing where she falls/rolls off her dog bed while in deep sleep, which startles everyone.  In a way it's funny, but I doubt she's laughing when it happens.  Where do you find the best bolster beds online?  

We always get beds from Costco.  They used to be cheaper, but the quality is good, and you can take them apart for washing.  We still have working beds we bought more than 5 years ago.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

The most recent bolster bed we bought at COSTCO doesn't have the same quality of foam in the bed platform as the previous beds did.  The actual bed had dips in it within 2 weeks.  The old beds always looked like they were new for many years. The bolsters seem to be fine though.  We are going to have to get a new piece of better foam for the bed to last.   That being said, the dogs still really like the Costco bolster beds.  

At one time we also had a bolster bed from Sam's Club that was made by Serta.  That was Rocket's favorite bed for many years and the foam in it was very solid.  Those beds still show up occasionally at our local Sam's.  Not sure if they can be ordered from the website or not. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

20 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

At one time we also had a bolster bed from Sam's Club that was made by Serta.  That was Rocket's favorite bed for many years and the foam in it was very solid.  Those beds still show up occasionally at our local Sam's.  Not sure if they can be ordered from the website or not. 

I took a look at the Serta bed online at Sam's Club.  It looks good and gets mostly good reviews, but the internal dimensions seem like they would be kind of small for a long legged grey who likes to stretch out.  Plus, it seems like some reviewers did not actually get the bed that was pictured.  Some said the bed was too small and others said it was perfect for their large breed dogs.  Kind of creates an analysis paralysis.  Probably best to just got to brick and mortar stores and check check them out.  I suppose I could also order it online and return it to a store if it does not work.

21 hours ago, greysmom said:

We always get beds from Costco.  They used to be cheaper, but the quality is good, and you can take them apart for washing.  We still have working beds we bought more than 5 years ago.

We also love the Costco beds, but I am not seeing any bolster beds of late.  We have a large square one for the living room, and need a bolster for the bedroom.  The hunt continues.

1 hour ago, smt said:

I took a look at the Serta bed online at Sam's Club.  It looks good and gets mostly good reviews, but the internal dimensions seem like they would be kind of small for a long legged grey who likes to stretch out.

As to the size of the bed, we have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how large the bed is. Greyhounds will always hang some portion of their anatomy over the edge. Sometimes they are mostly off the bed, using it instead as a head or leg pillow. They don't seem to mind beds that are too small. In fact, sometimes it seems to be what they prefer. Like a number of other Greytalkers, we have some pictures of our Greys choosing to sleep in tiny cat beds. Greys are quirky that way. :)

9 hours ago, smt said:

I took a look at the Serta bed online at Sam's Club.  It looks good and gets mostly good reviews, but the internal dimensions seem like they would be kind of small for a long legged grey who likes to stretch out.  Plus, it seems like some reviewers did not actually get the bed that was pictured.  Some said the bed was too small and others said it was perfect for their large breed dogs.  Kind of creates an analysis paralysis.  Probably best to just got to brick and mortar stores and check check them out.  I suppose I could also order it online and return it to a store if it does not work.

The one I bought was in the store so we were able to confirm the size.  It was a little small for a big boy like Rocket but he curled up in and/or hung his head off of the bolsters just fine.  I do prefer to touch them before buying just to be sure what I'm getting. 

Keep checking your local Costco stores for the bolsters.  Ours didn't have any for months, then all of a sudden every Costco here in Phoenix suddenly had them.  They do not appear on the website ever, so going in person is always the best bet for those. 

Edited by Time4ANap
typo
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

• 1 month later...