Celebrating Super Seniors

greysmom

Zeke looks like he is winking cheekily at the camera :inlove. I’m really enjoying all these photos of other people’s pups. Buddy turns nine in November so I don’t think he quite qualifies as a senior yet but I hope he stays happy and healthy like all your hounds seem to be!

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

On 9/22/2019 at 9:40 PM, EllenEveBaz said:

Nice to see you, Nadine/Smurfette!  Andy looks so big and handsome.  How tall is he?  

Hi there.

Andy is not that super big. He is 72cm (+/- 28 inch?) and 32 kg when he was younger. But I have to agree he is a handsome lad. ❤

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Trolley (12) , Petunia (11) and Bella (11)  all celebrating their July birthdays together this year. 

OI1KFlh.jpg

Kate (11) - adopted by us a little over a week ago. 

1amdhIP.jpg

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:wub: :wub: :wub: Love 'em all! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Kate (11) - adopted by us a little over a week ago.

:huh      Congrats!  She's a beauty!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

21 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

Val just turned 11 in June, so she is just starting the senior journey :) Here she is demonstrating her slumber ball technique

29265934552_4ee7a23c36_c.jpg

Val!!!!!!!  Petunia says come and visit! :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Val just turned 11 in June, so she is just starting the senior journey :) Here she is demonstrating her slumber ball technique

:star

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years many of my greyhounds reached 12 or beyond. Richy passed at 12 years 6 months, Tucker passed at 12 years 11 months, Bug passed at 13 years 6 months, and for those of you who were on greytalk in 2005 & 2006 you may remember Susie who we found on greytalk and adopted 3 weeks before she turned 14. She passed at 15 years 1 month.

Still with us is Dee who turned 12 October 9th.

Edited by Bill419

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

Andy showing off that he is no longer a greyhound but an irish ridgeneck :D

36990779jh.jpg

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

On 10/14/2019 at 11:42 AM, smurfette said:

Andy showing off that he is no longer a greyhound but an irish ridgeneck :D

36990779jh.jpg

My Buddy and Andy are half brothers, both sired by Droopys Maldini. Andy is a bit older and probably a lot more sensible 😍

1 hour ago, MerseyGrey said:

My Buddy and Andy are half brothers, both sired by Droopys Maldini. Andy is a bit older and probably a lot more sensible 😍

Age has made him a nice and friendly gentlehound. Andy always was a strong boy with a no nonsense attitude. He took the term lead aggression to a whole new level. Plus he was the bite first, ask questions later and we have no need for prisoners kind of guy. I worked long and hard with him until I gained his trust and he decided to let me handle things like encountering dogs on our walk. All the hard work pays off now. Andy takes his walks through the woods without lead. I can trust him to 99% (1% is his love for pretty lady hounds where he decides recall is overrated :D). 

9 hours ago, smurfette said:

Age has made him a nice and friendly gentlehound. Andy always was a strong boy with a no nonsense attitude. He took the term lead aggression to a whole new level. Plus he was the bite first, ask questions later and we have no need for prisoners kind of guy. I worked long and hard with him until I gained his trust and he decided to let me handle things like encountering dogs on our walk. All the hard work pays off now. Andy takes his walks through the woods without lead. I can trust him to 99% (1% is his love for pretty lady hounds where he decides recall is overrated :D). 

Definitely brothers!

What wonderful houndies!!  My Sophie turned 11 in Sept.  and Burdette is 10 and just starting to go grey in the face.:wub:

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly