Celebrating Super Seniors

greysmom

We have been having a discussion in the WFUBCC about our super seniors, and super angels, and how old our sweet kids have been when they've passed over the Rainbow Bridge.  We didn't actually realzie we had so many of our dogs who were not just 10 years old, or 11 years old, but 12 years old and beyond!  Some are having issues and some are thriving, but they are all sweet and super and deserving of way more face time than we give them!

So post your pictures of your old dogs!!!  Let us see those white faces and shaky hind ends!   Let's talk about memory foam beds and tempting them with baby food and watching them run around the yard with your heart in your throat and a smile on your face!!!

LET'S HAVE A PARTY AND CELEBRATE OUR SUPER SENIORS!!!!!!!!!!

:confetti  :confetti  :confetti  :confetti  :confetti 

Here's a couple pictures of Whiskey, who turned 12 on June 9th!!

48747596088_8aed73e511_c.jpg20190916_134949 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Senior stink eye

48376381901_f507bf44c0_c.jpg20190725_112222 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Upside down!!

48128547621_9e5b22992c_c.jpg20190625_141052 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Such a sweet face!

48106245871_2ac2d795e9_c.jpg20190620_224905 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Trying to add a picture, but not having great luck...will work on it...:)

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Chris, Whiskey is such a handsome boy :inlove

Here's Dippy.  She's now 13 1/2 and gets a bit confused at times, such as wanting (and getting!) repeat breakfasts during the night.  Most of the time, though, she's alert and reasonably sprightly and still enjoys trotting around in the garden and visiting places.  My heart is in my mouth when she starts spinning around... and I still have to slow her down when she comes in from the garden so she doesn't go up the steps too fast.  It would be nice if she always remembered to go outside to pee :wacko:

48751761627_6aa4af1fd4_c.jpg20190917_232356 by Rachel, on Flickr

I'll post some more photos of her in a bit.

Dippy (Dinky Dipstick) and Velvet (Redbrick Velvet). Remembering sweet handsome Rebel (Emporio Rebel).

Look at beautiful Dippy!!!

And Beautiful Whiskey....

Edited by mychip1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Lila turned 13 on September 2. She's in pretty good shape physically, sometimes a little wobbly, and she does seem to be confused at times but she is generally a contented girl.

BeCkjn4l.jpg

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Abby!!!! You hardly have any white on yur face at all!!!  Oh!  The teevee man is talking about all the rain you guys are getting from that Imelda storm!!  :yikes Don't float away!!!

Merc!!! Put those snaks in the Party thread in EEG!!!

Charlie, I am confusalated!!!  Is Zorro getting just part of hisown ear removed or the whole thing??? We'll be thinking about him tamarrow!!

Back later! 

WBSB!  :mexi2

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Bella is 14 5/12 😆 and is all of the above - shakey hind end, white face, can't always remember to go pee outside or whether she ate (or that she should eat). She's our first grey.

I'll figure out how to add photos one of these days. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QXuYfyF2W8zcN4Xm7

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Nigel is our senior boy.

He turned 11 on June 2 and is definitely slowing down.   He still has a fabulous appetite but walks are shorter and slower and zoomies are pretty much a thing of the past.

Nigel has been a St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog for several years and he has been been a  'Paws 4 Reading'  dog for the past 5 years.    

He will be retiring from this program this year as he finds it more and more difficult to get up and down from his reading mat.

Here he is with some of his younger students....

52727990_10217839027468261_1818470929580

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Spirit is my "super senior", born 1/8/2007, so he's 12 years and 8 months old now.  He was born a shy, skittish hound.  Though he trained to race, the kennel owners quickly recognized that the track atmosphere (all those strangers :eek ) would overwhelm him.  They spent their time just loving on him.  I visited the kennel to meet my pre-adopted girl, MoMo Meany Pants (aka FTH Chyna Moon) and Spirit worked his wiles on me. I brought him home a couple of weeks later.  

He's still a firm believer in stranger danger, but once he's been around a person often enough to trust them, he is a HUGE love sponge, who'll take any amount of petting and scratching and loving and kissing. :beatheart  

When he arrived he had a very dark, mostly black face that has gradually faded to mostly white now.  He is such a dear soul.  His nicknames progressed from Little Boy to Booger Boy when I realized that the various small dark blobs on the yellow bathroom wall were Spirit's dried eye-boogers--he would come in for petting and then shake his head, depositing blobs on the wall.  :lol:

Here he is after winning this spiffy Ladies Man Hat in the 2018 Miss Nellie Auction.

Image may contain: one or more people and dog

I love this photo--he's excitedly exploring a treat that arrived in a splendid care package from GTer sabrina.

No photo description available.

He hates it when delivery boxes are opened.  I've no clue why, since he's never been assaulted or abused by an Amazon box.  I took this picture of him up on the bed a few months ago after he'd swiftly fled the living room to escape a box opening.  He can still hop up on that tall old-fashioned bed  of mine when he wants a snuggle.

Image may contain: dog and indoor

Ensconced on his beloved Slumber Ball.

Image may contain: dog

At the vet's office, anxious and with one of his huge, gorgeous ears up--an all too rare sighting.

Image may contain: dog

And finally, hilariously occupying the cat bed and sharing the sunbeam with Miles.

Image may contain: food

He's still eating eagerly, always ready for a treat or a Greenie.  He plays with toys and with his newish brother, Nate.  Runs sometimes in the yard.  And yet...he's sometimes wobbly, worries about being knocked over when Nate gets rowdy, and is clearly slowing down considerably.   He's my darling Old Man and I hope we can be together for many moons more.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Having a wonderful time admiring all these beautiful dogs.  

When my first grey started getting white in her face, I hated the reminder that she was getting old.  Then I realized that the white accentuates those beautiful greyhound eyes.  And of course, the love just keeps getting sweeter.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Our Ambi (Starz Ambitious) turned 12 on May 13th.  Just a few days ago he became the one to live the longest of the five Greyhounds we have had.  Next Tuesday (Sept 24) will be his 8th Gotcha Day. 

We were his fosters and because he did not like M&G's (he would have the big D on the floor at PetSmart), was scared of kids (a causative agent of said big D on the floor of PetSmart) we figured we were the best family for him, so I gave Ambi to hubby as a Birthday present.

He lost all of his teeth years ago due to CUPS but has not missed them at all.  He still eats with gusto, is getting a bit wobbly on those back legs but can get up quickly is there is the slightest hint of food involved.

Here he is in the yard three years ago.

Image may contain: outdoor

Here he is just a few days ago, he's getting quite skinny.

Image may contain: people sitting

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Our Larry turned 12 on 2/24 so he is just past 12.5 right now.  He is having many issues, has LS really bad, is wobbly...there are (most) days he can barely get up off the bed and (a few) days when he is a house pony through the dining room and living room and my smile is side to side :couchjump.    Every day is a gift with him, and his younger brother Zeke who turned 10 on 4/6.  My kitchen cabinet looks like a pharmacy and I feel like a pusher between the two of them every 8 hours, but it keeps them going.

Larry:

large.20190112_201039.jpg.a8b422bdfbb64a2cd976d6ae64fe6229.jpg

getting his Assisi treatment: :pepper

large.20190806_090525.jpg.e0995e477de0a677e40b5a4d869f5aed.jpg

champion roacher still: :gmark

large.20190724_150607.jpg.1955403c54ab95da706999c34b19ffc8.jpg

Assisi on the neckie:

large.20190727_093056.jpg.3865cee86b358004f4521e647d5b85f1.jpg

boyz making a Mommy Sammich:

large.20190721_103230_001.jpg.b045533a6c339b5d25db24f9911f897f.jpg

ZEKIE!!!:

he only roaches on the bare floor :P

large.20190818_152006.jpg.708c7fb9018fd4feeff010043211b060.jpg

such a handsome boy! :kiss2 

large.20190325_161731.jpg.26675afcd7011763e47233af191d0856.jpg

out for a beer with Mom and Dad a few weeks ago: :cheers

large.20190825_121749.jpg.181a23f76df9e3b5ab2ac6385ab79f17.jpg

LOVE my boyz.  They are my life :kiss2 :kiss2 

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Ambi's gorgeous dark eye in that last photo...and the ETS. :lol   Love it!

Larry has a great Slumber Ball roaching style, but I have to give the win to Zeke's unassisted bare floor roach.  They are adorable.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I am loving this thread! I haven't gotten the hang of posting pics again, or I'd post my angel Lydia.  We were so blessed to have her with us till she was 14 1/2, and I loved looking at her beautiful silver face every day.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

What a greyt threat. Here is Andy who turned 13 on February 2nd. Laryngeal paralysis and the dreaded hind end weakness are slowing him down but he is still my sweet little trooper.

36802790mt.jpg

36802815bt.jpg

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).