Welcome Home Kate!

Time4ANap

Racing name Miss Kate

Kate,  whom you've already seen some pictures of as "Foster Kate" is now officially Petunia's new sister.  Kate has been visiting and hanging out here when her Foster Mom was traveling or had things to do that required a few hours away from home, and she and Petunia hit it off from the start.  Kate, like Petunia is an 11 year old broodie (likely from the same farm as Petunia) and I have a sneaking suspicion that they already knew each other prior to meeting at our house. Kate is also a champion roacher with perfect form. 

Petunia says there is something seriously wrong with this picture. :lol

bGyj3Z7.jpg

Not to worry, there are more than enough beds here. 

Now we just have to hide the bread after she helped herself to a loaf from the kitchen counter last weekend. :rotfl

I guess it's also time for a new signature. (soon) 

EDIT - Here's a better pic of Miss Kate! 

1amdhIP.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Woohoo!! Congratulations to you, Petunia, and especially Miss Kate.

You can always buy more bread...

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Shocking! :rofl

Welcome home officially Miss Kate :wub:Congratulations to ALL of you! Such pretty girls :beatheart 

Omg, Kate is Molotov and P’s Raising Cain on her daddy’s side. She’s Pal and Seamie’s half sis!! 

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

43 minutes ago, rsieg said:

Congrats to you, Kate, & Petunia!  Good news is you shouldn't have any trouble telling them apart :-)

Except that Kate looks almost like Bella, who stayed here for several weeks while her Mom recovered from an accident.  Pretty soon Kate is going to think her name is Bella if I keep calling the wrong name. :lol

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

What a lovely girl.  Time you made an honest woman out of her.  And it's wonderful she and Petunia already get along.

beautiful breadie broodie 

:lol

I guess it's also time for a new signature. (soon) 

You should do as you feel, of course, but I always get a cozy feeling seeing the pictures and names of hounds who have gone before.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

2 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

You should do as you feel, of course, but I always get a cozy feeling seeing the pictures and names of hounds who have gone before.  

Not to worry.  That boy will always be in my signature and with us here every day.  Even with 2 hounds here I miss him every day and still expect him to come around the corner with that evil grin on his face and ready for whatever we are doing next.  

Edited by Time4ANap

13 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Not to worry.  That boy will always be in my signature and with us here every day.  Even with 2 hounds here I miss him every day and still expect him to come around the corner with that evil grin on his face and ready for whatever we are doing next.  

:(

Kate says thank you to all for the warm welcome.  She seems to be settled fairly well since she;s been visiting us off and on while she was a foster.  We had our first evening with 2 thunderphobic hounds last night when storms blew though, but some calming treats, CBD and a Thunder Coat all seemed to work well for her. 

Petunia, on the other hand required a little stronger medication to get through it.   It was pretty funny when they would run to DW or to me and decide they both wanted to be held by the same person when the thunder boomed. 

Congratulations!!!

I can't believe her face is not more white!!!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

21 minutes ago, greysmom said:

I can't believe her face is not more white!!!!

I said the same thing when we met her.  She doesn't seem to know that she is 11, only that she is definitely "retired." :lol

On 9/17/2019 at 5:12 PM, Remolacha said:

When I met her I thought she was about 5 or 6! Of course, Petunia doesn’t look or act her age either :lol

Seriously - neither of them have a clue that they are 11. It's a big part of the fun with both of them.