Nutrisource

I use the local pet store " Mounds" brand food that is made by Nutri-source. Same kibble just labeled for the store. My 3 hounds all do well on it. With the DCM situation I tried switching to Purina Pro Plan. Did it slow and tried 3 different flavors, every one of them had soft poo during this change. One did not really like to eat it. So back to Nutri- source off label and all is good again. I was very surprised that all 3 were unhappy with 

Edited by JaimeL
oops

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Pro Plan because I had heard such positive things about it. 

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

14 hours ago, FuzzyHounds said:

We used it for our previous staghound Keira for her whole life, and have been feeding it to our current two (6 months and one month).  May try switching after this batch is done, but Keira always did well on it.  How strongly is it tied to DCM?  It's not grain free...

Per the FDA report, there were 10 complaints against Nutrisource, it doesn't state which formulas, but regardless they're not WSAVA. Until it's known what's contributing the DCM, I'm sticking with what's been shown to be safe.