What is happening to Vonnie's nose?

I wish I could remember how long ago - a week, two max, I noticed what looked like an abrasion on Vonnie's nose.  There was a bit of fur stuck to it, which I cleaned off, thinking it would just heal.

Instead whatever is going on is spreading.  I'll try to get a better photo tomorrow, when the light is better, and when she isn't hiding in the crate so I stop trying to hold her still.  Here is a photo showing the top area.

We are seeing an internal med vet Wednesday for another issue, and I will ask her what she thinks, but in the meantime, does this look familiar to anyone?  I am trying to figure out what is going on.

Thank you!

Edited by Rickiesmom
Replace photo

I clicked on this because Ken had a recurrent wart/sore on his nose which turned out to be one of the symptoms of muco-cutaneous lupus.* But it didn't look like that, and his main symptom was raw, inflamed nailbeds, which I take it Vonnie doesn't have?

There are quite a few potential causes for a sore nose in a dog, including bacterial and fungal infections and even sunburn! Yes do  get the vet to check it out, and maybe put some soothing cream on meanwhile - though that would need to be one it's safe for her to ingest, as inevitably she'll try to lick it off.

*Which once we had got it diagnosed by a veterinary dermatologist proved easy enough to treat, and keep at bay.

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Hard to tell from the picture. One of my iggies had pemphigus on his nose. It spread across it, peeled, and curled like a handlebar mustache. We put vitamin E oil on it.

Mazy had a histiocytoma come up on her nose. Biopsied to confirm. It was pink and raised up though.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png