Peanut Butter Softies -- 2 paws up

At his recent dental, Milo had 2 extractions and was on soft food orders for a couple of weeks.  He believes it is his God-given right to treats 2 times a day.  Being lazy, I wanted a treat that did not require any prep on my part.  (In this house, opening the refrigerator door is counted as prep.)  

Both Milo and Jeter give an enthusiastic 2 paws up for Peanut Butter Softies from Blue Dog Bakery.  Peanut butter is doggy crack for the boys.  No preservatives, but high molasses content keeps treats from drying out or dissolving into crumbs.   Readily available.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Those treats might even hold up for a bit here in the desert.  Petunia is willing to be the guinea pig. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

That's put Grace into a dilemma. She had always thought you can not top a chicken sausage but now you've thrown Peanut Butter Softies into the arena. She's having to have a lie down to savour the thought......mmmmmm 

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

• 2 months later...
On 8/4/2019 at 3:27 PM, EllenEveBaz said:

At his recent dental, Milo had 2 extractions and was on soft food orders for a couple of weeks.  He believes it is his God-given right to treats 2 times a day.  Being lazy, I wanted a treat that did not require any prep on my part.  (In this house, opening the refrigerator door is counted as prep.)  

Ellen, you make me laugh!!! THANK YOU!!! How's the back?

Hooo boy. I hope my girls don't find this thread. In this house, even opening the fridge is too much prep.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

9 hours ago, Scoutsmom said:

You know Grace, you can always have 2 treats at the same time---chicken sausage and peanut butter softies. Just saying...  

She says she's looking forward to her next greyhound walk in Lichfield where she meets 40+ fellow sausage lovers and always gets at least two treats, sausages and pilchard flapjacks.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time