Sign in to follow this  
NeylasMom

Memorial gift for man who's lost a pet

So a close friend of mine had to let his dog go recently. Tyler was my mixed breed's "bestie" and we often exchanged sitting, took hikes or cabin trips together, etc. I want to do something to memorialize Tyler, but my friend isn't into keepsakes. I was thinking of printing and framing a photo of Tyler fetching a stick in the water as that was one of his favorite pasttimes, especially with my dog, but does anyone have any other thoughts or suggestions?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

If Tyler was adopted, maybe a donation to the shelter he came from, or a charity that your friend supports?  Very sorry about his loss of Tyler.

So sorry, Jen. Both of the above ideas are good ones. We recently had a 6x6 painting done for Tricia & Burke for River. I'm not sure if that is something Dave would appreciate or not, but here is the artist we used - Shamrock Studios

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna

The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)

Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

One gift that I appreciated was flower bulbs that I happened to plant at my parent's grave. Another gift I received was a small sculpture of my dog laying down with wings.

We have done many memorial clocks, as well as memory boxes, but, Len is recovering from surgery, so I don't think that is possible at this time.  I am sorry for your friends loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Shine and Odin in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul and Fuzzy
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Check out Poemstones on Etsy. I've had stones made for each of my Greys and one for my son's cat. I requested a flat bottom on the stone so it could stand as a gravemarker where I buried my dogs' ashes.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Poemstones?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=122507808

My condolences to your friend.  :grouphug

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".