Anyone here experienced with greyhounds living with Irish Wolfhounds or Scottish Deerhounds?

Hoping to connect with greyhound parents who have also brought wolfhounds or deerhounds into the home with their greyhounds.

We always wanted a giant dog and since we're not getting any younger (hah!) I think the time is nigh. 

Oh, and if anyone has photos of greyhounds with either breed, pleeeeeeease post! :) 

There is a person on Instagram, her username is wolfhoundgreyhound, she has a greyhound and up until recently had two Irish wolfhounds. You could check out her pictures.

Our greyhound Kassie lived with two Borzoi and she was fine with it.

Nancy with Rocket, Umeko and Sasha

gallery_151_3099_2018.jpg

Missing Albi, Kassie, Ramm, Ruby, my good boy Marvin and Mickey (BT)

NANCY B'S COLLARS

Kathy Lazenby, aka Laze, is on Facebook. She scottish deerhounds, greyhounds, and chinese crested hairless dogs. All get along well.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Most sighthounds get on well together, no matter the breeds.  If you already have a greyhound make sure you let them meet any prospective housemate before you bring them home - and a puppy especially.  Some do well-to-fine with young dogs and some do not - and a giant breed puppy is quite a handful for the other dogs in the house.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Thanks so much! I'm following wolfhoundgreyhound on IG - those photos are the best! Trigger the greyhound looks so tiny with those two IWs! :)

And thanks for Kathy's name - I'm already in touch with the IW Association and they have been fantastic, but was having some trouble finding someone regionally who had Scottish Deerhounds. If we go that route, we definitely want to have some leads on reputable breeders that are within driving distance since we don't want to have a puppy shipped to us. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is bevd still on GT?  I'm friends with her on FB.. She's had 4 (or 5?) deerhounds... including the one & only Darcy!

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

On 8/6/2019 at 1:53 PM, Sundrop said:

Thanks so much! I'm following wolfhoundgreyhound on IG - those photos are the best! Trigger the greyhound looks so tiny with those two IWs! :)

And thanks for Kathy's name - I'm already in touch with the IW Association and they have been fantastic, but was having some trouble finding someone regionally who had Scottish Deerhounds. If we go that route, we definitely want to have some leads on reputable breeders that are within driving distance since we don't want to have a puppy shipped to us. 

GT member Georgeof NE and Laze (not on GT)  both recently got scottish derhound puppies from Cumberland MD.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png