Wellness Checkup Tests

After losing Lola so suddenly and unexpectedly, I want to make extra sure that my new girl, Jenny, is healthy. We have a wellness check on Tuesday and I plan to ask for bloodwork, urinalysis and the usual fecal.  Is there any other test I should be asking for?

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

i would possibly skip the blood work and definitely do tick and heart worm test. the group should have done blood work when she was spay. see if you can get total medical records. they may have even done tick/hw test. you can also ask you vet to physically manipulate her limbs, neck etc. 

i'm so glad that you got back in the saddle again. reading about your decision is helping me w/ a future decision now that Jamie's mystery illness has been diagnosed as b cell lymphoma. 

wishing the two of you a very boring visit at the vet.

28 minutes ago, cleptogrey said:

i would possibly skip the blood work and definitely do tick and heart worm test. the group should have done blood work when she was spay. see if you can get total medical records. they may have even done tick/hw test. you can also ask you vet to physically manipulate her limbs, neck etc. 

i'm so glad that you got back in the saddle again. reading about your decision is helping me w/ a future decision now that Jamie's mystery illness has been diagnosed as b cell lymphoma. 

wishing the two of you a very boring visit at the vet.

Here's to an uneventful vet visit!

I am dreadfully sorry to hear about Jamie's diagnosis.  :grouphug

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".