Verified by Amazon?

I just moused over the GT secure connection icon, and it said "Verified by: Amazon".

Vaguely aware that sellers require some sort of verification to put products on Amazon, but curious to know the relationship between Amazon and this forum? 

Thank you!

I'll try to get a more technical answer, but I believe the forum runs through AWS and/or an S3 bucket for CPU and storage, and as such they are the ones who validate our SSL/HTTPS certificate.  I'll see if I can get a better answer, but it has nothing to so with selling anything, we pay Invision for the hosted community software and they choose to use Amazon for processing, storage and connection to the internet.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

This is all I received back

Yes, that's normal, it will say Amazon since the SSL certificates are issued by AWS (Amazon Web Services). 

There's no relation to the Amazon shopping website, however.

But it is more than that, I believe everything is hosted on AWS servers and probably stored within a large S3 bucket, which is a normal thing these days.

We use Amazon AWS for our Cloud infrastructure from scaling servers and databases to S3 for storage. S3 (Simple Storage Service) is used to host your community's attachments, theme resources, core files and various other items throughout the suite. We also use Cloudfront as a CDN (Content Delivery Network) for caching and better delivery of those resources to your visitors.