Precise brand dog food

Hi! I'm hoping to get some quick answers on what dog food might be most similar to Precise Naturals Chicken Meal & Rice Foundation Formula Dry Dog Food? That particular brand seems to have been discontinued and I'd like to find something similar so that it is not a huge change for my dog and her sensitive tummy. Thanks!

If you haven't read up on it yet, there's a lot of issues heart issues (nutritional DCM) cropping up lately from brands that don't follow the WSAVA guidelines. The brands that do - Purina, Royal Canin, Iams, Hills & Eukanuba - are the only ones I'd recommend switching to right now, namely because they have a long history of research and development and employ teams of experts in canine nutrition to create their formulations.

Lucky for you, Chicken & Rice might just be the most common combo out there, I'm certain you could find a close match within any one of those five brands.

A friend of mine in another state is a dealer for Precise, so I have a message in to him to see what is going on. There doesn't seem to be availability of any of their foods online and the website is dead.  I've had Petunia on their Senior food since she arrived.   I'm going to be really bummed if they are out of business, as it has been our go-to food for years. 

When Rocket was with us, we had to switch from Precise after a while due to his colitis. We typically had to switch food with him every year or so, so I don't think there was anything wrong with the Precise food we were feeding , it was just time for his food to be changed which we had gone through many times. After a year to 18 months on on any food it just no longer agreed with him.  At that time I switched to Purina Pro Plan Focus Large Breed which he did great on. You might try it as a replacement for Precise.  Other than a few minor things I think the ingredients were fairly close to the Precise Natural line of food. Others here who had dogs with stress colitis also used it successfully. 

https://www.purina.com/pro-plan/dogs/dry-dog-food/focus-large-breed

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Updated info - Apparently the owner of Precise Pet Foods passed away and the company is not continuing in operation. That seems to be all that is known at this time, but all of my friend's clients who were using it have also had to switch foods. He had no suggested replacement at this time. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life