Best Pop Up Ex-Pen

I'm in the market for a popup ex-pen for Truman to use when we're at events. Need it to be:

• Tall enough to accommodate Truman
  • Not very see-through (T-man is dog reactive)
  • Have a top or a sun-shade, something to shade him in hot weather
  • Easy to transport

I'm thinking about something like this... anybody have feedback?

812Vtwbp+oL._SY450_.jpg

I have it. I've posted about it in a few threads. Maybe search old ones for deets, but short answer, I love it. It's a little hard to figure out how to fold it back up properly, but otherwise it's served me well. I learned the hard way my first year at Grapehounds with it that if you have an escape artist, you'll want to zip the bottom in. I walked away from the dogs for some reason and when I got to about 10' away I looked down and there was Skye. She had shimmied right under it. :lol

Fyi, I got mine on eBay for about $50 with shipping.

ETA, most of it is just mesh. Not going to deter him from reacting without another visual barrier. It's fairly easy to make barriers with pvc piping and a sheet though and those could easily be collapsed for travel/carrying and quickly set up near the pen. That way you're not blocking airflow.

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

annie ate her's the first time she was left alone and that was not the first time she was in it. you know truman....https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075897YPY/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B075897YPY&pd_rd_w=8Wqd2&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=f9RZQ&pf_rd_r=NKKHWP5TR4M2K5V9DSH0&pd_rd_r=f11689d2-4f24-4be4-aafe-1711e21ab24e  and how about a tarp of screening clipped over it https://www.amazon.com/Mesh-Tarp-Extra-Heavy-Nylon/dp/B075MLNH6C/ref=sr_1_11?crid=YYY0BHTD93PY&keywords=nylon+screen+mesh&qid=1563739038&s=hi&sprefix=nylon+screen%2Cpets%2C127&sr=1-11

don't you have an x-pen? just get the tarp and clips to keep it on. beach umbrella will help w/ shade as well. we have a cheap one from the christmas tree shop- reflective interior, just bungee it on to the crate. rooney will need sun protection as well. or better yet this: https://www.chewy.com/frisco-xx-large-heavy-duty-double/dp/125054?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Frisco&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKCAjwmtDpBRAQEiwAC6lm47TgY7H_7-WBoqPvMsB8FR1CCZKh0PAdmH1MfvRQ9_Ol0fW6BHjiWhoCUdMQAvD_BwE, put the tarp on it- hang water bucket