The Dog Aging Project is once again enrolling dogs into their study! I enrolled Doodles into it years ago. They are really hoping to find people who know what year their dogs were born (we greyhound owners typically do!) and if you've had your dog since it was young, know its history, etc. I just enrolled Gildy because I have access to some of the people who took care of her when she was younger and, because I know her mama - Bowie.

Please consider enrolling your dog! It's free and the researchers are really nice. When I had to let them know that Doodles had passed, they wrote me a sweet note to let me know that her DNA will continue on with the project and help others down the road. She lived to the beautiful age of 14, I was so fortunate 2764.png<3.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I signed up and was picked! They will be e-mailing more info and wanting more info from me this fall. How cool and thank you for posting this group for us to be involved in.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

16 hours ago, JaimeL said:

I signed up and was picked! They will be e-mailing more info and wanting more info from me this fall. How cool and thank you for posting this group for us to be involved in.

You're welcome! I'm excited that retired racers will be represented!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

• 1 year later...

Milo made the Aging Project!

Congratulations! You have completed the Health and Life Experience Survey. Milo is the 17,634th member of the Dog Aging Project Pack. We are very excited to have you and your canine companion on our team!

I "nominated" both Jeter and Milo, but only Milo got the nod.  At least so far -- I understand they are accepting dogs in batches.  But I wonder if so many greyhound cult members peeps responded that they felt they had enough greyhound representation.  :)  Milo is a lurcher.

I also agreed to consider putting in Milo for related substudies.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I entered Miriam's information back in September.  She is the 10,700th member of the Dog Aging Project Pack.  I can't remember if I chose to do any related substudies.  I didn't think they would accept her since she turned 13 at the end of September.  Miriam is only our 2nd ever teenage greyhound.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Andi was 15-thousand-something two weeks ago.  We also chose to do extra studies.

Interestingly, when I mentioned it to our vet, she said she also has 4 other clients who've been accepted - 3 goldens and a mixed breed.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Fancy (11 YO) is in the study, as well, number 12,800 something.  I also agreed to have her enrolled in whatever they want.  Curious to see how this all plays out. 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow