How old is this greyhound

This dog looks a lot like my Lola. She had similar white markings when we got her at 2 years old. 

I wonder if she’s got Molotov in her bloodline? Going to check on that. 

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Kili's sister is a black and white parti colour with a full mask over each eye. She was almost completely grey by 12 months. Kili started to lose her half mask noticeably at about 2.5-3.

When I picked Kenna up, her mother (who is also a brindle) was about 3.5 years old and had significant amounts of white over her eyebrows and muzzle. Kenna turned 3 in March and I'm just starting to see the white creeping in around her eyes.

Greyhound are known for going grey young, but certain lines and individuals are earlier than others.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

OK, so it's possible that this dog is as young as 18 months (he may even have been born with that white spot on his chin). That is reassuring as the energy level is puppy-like. That behaviour in a four year old would suggest a problem dog. With no tatto you never can be sure. I had the opportunity to spend time with two 10 month old greyhound puppies and their intensity and endless energy terrified me.  A non-stop ball of wrestling dogs.

Thanks everyone. I think I have a real gem on my hands. For an 18 month old he is relatively chill.

Edited by KickReturn

They begin to mellow out a bit after 12-14 months of age.  Their adult personality begins to come through, and they start acting more like a "normal" dog instead of a tasmanian devil shark with extra sharp teeth!!!  There's also some puppy phases they go through between 12-18 months that help slow them down some.  Of course, this is all offset by the hormones raging, but all in all, I'll take the hormones!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

On 7/16/2019 at 5:24 PM, Shannon said:

Maybe that’s why they’re called “grey” hounds 🤪 ...

:hehe

Seriously, I saw the photo before I read the caption and I thought to myself "two years". 

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

our Nube (black) started going grey at 3.  I think it just is much more noticeable on the darker dogs early.  Cute pup :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway