Fear of ceiling fans

So Oliver is 5. I've had him since January 2019. He is a retired racer. I also have a boxer, Bella,  who is the greyhound emotional support service dog. She's a super calm sweet girl. She is 10 and sleeps as much as Oliver. They are a good pair.  Oliver was settling in nicely starting to wag his tail, play with Bella and toys. He had sn incident with the toaster and quit going in the kitchen pretty early on. I fed him in the livingroom, his "den". When the weather got warmer I turned on tube ceiling fan in my bedroom, so he quit going in there. Again no problem he stayed to the living room still happy with things. Then I accidentally hit the ceiling fan switch, like on then immediately off, it is off as always and he is afraid of being in the house. Hindsight I should have addressed ther toaster/kitchen first day. Anywho he's on anxiety medication ( fluoxetine)  to help with desensitization training. He never liked or wanted to go in his crate. (I had to either trick him or physically get him in there, since he was happy on his bed in the living room I took the crate out. Im afraid if I put it back up he may go in out of fear and just hide. Which will not help him with his fear. This morning he bolted our the door and was gone for an hour. Talk about fear!  So what have you guys done to help your grey with fears. I am in process of getting a trainer to come help. 

My spooky Spirit had been going down the deck steps to get to the yard for several years.  Then we had a Dish satellite  mounted on the house above the deck steps.  The presence of that dark disk overhead really freaked out poor Spirit.   I accompanied him out for several trips, walking down the stairs with him, until he decided the dish was no threat.  I think having a trainer come to help you figure out how to desensitize your hound is a wise approach.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.