Grey uncomfortable indoors?

Hi all

we have had our Spanish greyhound for almost 6 months now and she is adorable. She remains a rather shy dog overall but exhibits no major issue after we have progressively overcome statuing, stopping during walks and all the rest. We live in a 3 room apartment, with a shared garden and she gets a minimum of 3 one hour-long walks a day. She definitely enjoys outdoors more than indoors. Inside the apartment, she has her safe space on a big couch which is just for her, with her blanket and toys (that she barely touches by the way...).

The thing I'd like your opinion about is that, in the end, when she is indoors, she only lives in the room where she has her couch and, occasionally, in the kitchen where she has her food and water. She never wanders in other rooms, has not interest in moving around the apartment or checking out other spots at home. I can see she is getting very nervous when we try to lure her into another room to show her other spots where she could stay. When we move rooms she never follows us. I can spend the day working in the next room and she will not come once when I call her.

I am concerned that she gets bored/depressed by staying all day long on the couch (except for the walks), just laying down and not even playing with toys.

Is this a normal behaviour? Should I keep trying to get her accustomed to staying in another room, despite her anxiety signs? If yes, what would be the best way? Or should I let her be her way, as her couch is her safe space and after all all is fine?

Thanks in advance

Florence

She's never had toys so doesn't know what they are.  She is in her comfort zone and is fine.  In another 6 months to a year you will most likely have a completely different dog as she gets used to the family routine and knows that she is there to stay. She may expand her roaming area after a while and even start to follow you around eventually, but you have a dog who has never lived in a home before and is still learning what is expected of her and learning about life in a house. Se may even decide to play with the toys eventually. It takes time and it sounds like she is doing fine. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

13 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

She's never had toys so doesn't know what they are.  She is in her comfort zone and is fine.  In another 6 months to a year you will most likely have a completely different dog as she gets used to the family routine and knows that she is there to stay. She may expand her roaming area after a while and even start to follow you around eventually, but you have a dog who has never lived in a home before and is still learning what is expected of her and learning about life in a house. Se may even decide to play with the toys eventually. It takes time and it sounds like she is doing fine. 

I agree.

Leave the doors open and she will eventually feel comfortable enough to explore. Grace ignored her toys for a long time then had a faze of playing with them now she's back to mostly ignoring them. 

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time