(Updated Post 2) The Golden Girls 4th of July and Birthdays Celebration

We are having our traditional 4th of July greyhound party but putting a new spin on it this year.  In the past, Rocket hosted this party for his friends and those friends who couldn't handle the noise of fireworks. With Rocket's passing in October and the arrival of Petunia this year, we are instead having a birthday party for the Golden Girls, all of whom have birthdays in July.  Our friends who usually come here to avoid fireworks can't be here today, but we are thinking about them and missing them, wishing they were able to be here too. (Conner and Val we miss you) 

So, the first picture is a teaser with more to come later. From left to right - Trolley who turned 12, Petunia who will be 11, and our friend Bella who will also be 11. 

OI1KFlh.jpg

To quote Petunia - "I ain't wearing no stinking tiara......oh hell no...." 

More to come later tonight. 

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Warning - pic heavy. 

Last week Petunia got a box addressed to "Petunia and her guests."  Lexie sent a little peanut butter for the party girls. :chow  Thank you, Lexie! 

Et76Pz0.jpg

L4HljyA.jpg

Decorations are a must! 

lAZcrNh.jpg

And some party hats 

21CVo1f.jpg

Bella found the meatball treats

LqNDtKh.jpg

After lots of treats, the highlight of the party was served.  Each pup got a birthday sundae made of whippy cream, a swirl of peanut butter, a ginger snap and topped with a large blueberry. Our neighbor Pat stopped by to see the dogs and ended up being the sundae server. 

4Xic3ey.jpg

Mn7PaKO.jpg

EpLSk6a.jpg

3I0Bxls.jpg

Everyone got presents but pics were impossible to get while the stuffies were flying. Here's the after party coma(s) 

iM5IdyL.jpg

4TWWXYu.jpg

1BC4Zko.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Party on, girls!  :lol  :wub:

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Woo hoo! Twelve is swell. Twelve x 3 hot chicks is more sweller! Can't wait for more pics :confetti

Connor :kiss2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Looks as tho y’all did it rite :clap They’re all so funny. And so beautiful :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Yu shur hadda wundafull tyme. Ha Pee Birfday gurlz.

Wagz frum

Chancey and Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Mademoiselles Trolley, Petunia, and Bella -- many beautiful birthday wishes to you beautiful ladies.

To quote Petunia - "I ain't wearing no stinking tiara......oh hell no...." 

Yes, you can tell that's exactly what she's thinking.  :lol   And so thoughtful of Lexie to send peanut butter ahead of time.  

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

45 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

And so thoughtful of Lexie to send peanut butter ahead of time.  

And quite the supply of :lol:

Yes - everyone went home with peanut butter! :chow  That PB was a HUGE hit with the girls.  Some even had it on their nose. 

TIV6rCG.jpg

qygUXvx.jpg

9 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Yes - everyone went home with peanut butter! :chow  That PB was a HUGE hit with the girls.  Some even had it on their nose.

Because, you know, snack attacks happen :lol Those are great pics!

The pictures really captured the fun of the party!  :balloonparty       The birthday sundaes were a great idea.   Everyone looks like they had a wonderful time!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I'm late to the party (sorry) but ... 

What a bash! Happy 4th ladies! Happy Birthdays too!

I have three celebrating this week and next: Hildy (9), Opal (11), and Toodles (10). They are irritated that I haven't provided sundaes. :lol:

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

2 hours ago, GreyPoopon said:

I'm late to the party (sorry) but ... 

What a bash! Happy 4th ladies! Happy Birthdays too!

I have three celebrating this week and next: Hildy (9), Opal (11), and Toodles (10). They are irritated that I haven't provided sundaes. :lol:

Happy Birthday to your girls.  You can get the sundae cups at the Dollar Tree in a variety of themes.  Now you know.  (hint, hint) 

9 hours ago, GreyPoopon said:

6 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Happy Birthday to your girls.  You can get the sundae cups at the Dollar Tree in a variety of themes.  Now you know.  (hint, hint) 

Happy Birthday girls! S, you still have time! Plusalso, making the sundae's is half the fun! PlusalsoPlusalso, clean up is easy peasy - see the Cletus method :lol