Cremation memory boxes and urns

Hi all,

i haven’t posted in a really long time, nor have I even looked at the forum much in the past 3 years ever since Ian passed away. I just haven’t been able to do it. The joy these dogs bring us is immeasurable, but so is the heartbreak. Sadly, we anticipate that we will soon have to say goodbye to our 12 year old beautiful girl, Bella. Osteo is suspected. We aren’t going to do a biopsy, but will repeat xrays in 2 more weeks. We have already had 2 sets that we have been following. I am just wondering if anyone has had experience with personalized urns or memory boxes that have pictures on them and if there are any that you might recommend. 

Thank you all,

Lisa

Lisa & Chris with Bella and Little Petey

~Our sweet Ian forever in our hearts~

i gave the crematory one of my favorite cookie tins that i've kept around for 30+ years. it was not that large- maybe 6x3x4", annie fit in perfectly. they placed her ashes in a heavy duty plastic bag and then into the tin. something very personal to you might work as it did for me. felix came w/ an sealed ginger jar shape urn and foot print, only in texas for  $135. we didn't have too much of a choice w/ felix since we weren't home.

i do have slightly off the beaten path taste, but i'm sure you can find something that you will like

https://www.ebay.com/i/254276136730?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=254276136730&targetid=474173451549&device=c&adtype=pla&googleloc=9004251&poi=&campaignid=1669934834&adgroupid=65058350339&rlsatarget=pla-474173451549&abcId=1139296&merchantid=6296724&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgezoBRDNARIsAGzEfe4DarXZsnD08fTyddJ_OgLMNy_yy9r1VbdjtqhoeEa9vs2igZm6NkMaAjDrEALw_wcB

Memorials.com  has a large selection. The one I needed to order with a greyhound on it was out of stock with each merchant I tried.

My vets have always provided a box or urn in the cost of cremation. Overall that was a much better price than buying just an urn or box elsewhere.

I'd suggest asking your vet what products are offered, and if they would provide the name of the company they order from so you could find one more personal for you.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

yup, that's how felix got away with a nice looking urn and reasonable price. annie was brought up to the humane society who has the only low cost crematory on this side of the hudson river. the westchester county vets charge $350-500, the Hartsdale dog cemetery charges $450.  And that is only cremation, not an urn, not euthanasia. 

I too did research just prior to Felix's demise, I was also out of state which happened to be to our benefit. It's always difficult. hugs

There are loads of places to purchase crematory urns from, but our last one we got from Amazon for a good price.  They have - like most Amazon stock - a huge assortment to choose from.

We also use perfectmemorials.com

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

38 minutes ago, Beachbum1 said:

I got this one for Taylor, no engraving, and I had a small brass plaque made with his name on it, and glued it to the front.

https://www.mainelyurns.com/medium-carved-sheesham-wood-cremation-urn.html

Beachbum1, that is a really beautiful box. I hope it always brings warm and loving memories of Taylor.

Lisa

16 minutes ago, tbhounds said:

Just want to say I’m sorry you’re facing the passing of another cherished hound :-(

Thank you so much  for your kind words. This is just tearing my heart out. I know almost everyone on the forum can relate, so no need for me to explain.