Grapehounds 2019 Seneca Lodge Roll Call

winnie

Regan and I (Laura) will be there with galgos Encarna and Rhythm from Monday, July 22 until Monday, July 29. Who else is at the Lodge?

Thought you might enjoy this article about the Lodge's history.

https://www.mountainhomemag.com/2019/06/29/202533/vacation-like-it-used-to-be?fbclid=IwAR0tVmunt9cYMI3DKzw8_re-bEbBz1CRorKKy5_EA84MOeTMjcx31IKKKCc

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

We're currently planning to be there Thursday through Monday!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

7 hours ago, NeylasMom said:

We're currently planning to be there Thursday through Monday!

Us, too!! Fingers crossed,  Bella will be with us. Tough old broad - something I aspire to be. 

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Hugs to Bella. I love those stubborn old dogs. Darcy was 14.5 y/o at her last Grapehounds. We gave her plenty of breaks in our cabin, but she still enjoyed getting out to some of the wineries. 

GRAFT is closing on Saturday, July 27. We're hoping to get there earlier in the week before they are gone for good. 

I am so sad about Graft. Hoping to eat there one last time as well.

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Is anyone thinking of doing the Saturday night dinner at Lakewood? I keep meaning to call and ask about kiddo coming, since he won't eat anything anyway :rolleyes:

Can you post a link for that dinner? That’s usually a prime rib night at The Lodge for Burke and his (wine club) partner Regan. :rofl

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Drunk people and fire. What could possibly go wrong? 

Nobody has burned themselves at the lodge campfires in our time there, but why tempt fate? :lol

Edited by 45MPHK9

Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

:lol:

After our fire pit adventure last weekend,  it might not be the best idea for us, either.... 

Edited by sarabz

I was thinking, who wants to pay nearly $90 for dinner and then still have to cook. Pass. :D

What is GRAFT?

We miss the Lodge, but still love our trailer at Sned Acres. We'd stay there for the full size fridge alone. :lol  But sadly, the Busy Bee, which we so enjoyed eating breakfast at a couple times at least, has closed. It was so lovely. They are selling it. :weep  Doug really liked the prime rib at the Lodge too, but I think we'll look for a place we can take the dogs. We like the Ginny Lee, Dano's, and the Village Marina, but they've always been for lunch.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Graft is an outstanding tiny wine bar with small shareable plates. It’s right in Watkins on the main drag. We love that place. So sad it’s closing. 

You should try Hazelnut Kitchen and Atlas Bowl over in Trumansburg. They are both wonderful places to eat, but no dogs allowed at either place. One of these years I’m going to bowl at Atlas, hopefully with a gin and tonic in hand. :)

Edited by 45MPHK9

Holly Oaks Holly

32 minutes ago, queenwinniesmom said:

I think we'll look for a place we can take the dogs. We like the Ginny Lee, Dano's, and the Village Marina, but they've always been for lunch.

Have you eaten at Stonecat Cafe? They have a patio outside. 

The FLX Wienery is great, too. Outdoor seating there, as well. 

Edited by 45MPHK9

Holly Oaks Holly

3 hours ago, 45MPHK9 said:

The FLX Wienery is great, too. Outdoor seating there, as well. 

Wot? :rofl

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

5 hours ago, 45MPHK9 said:

Graft is an outstanding tiny wine bar with small shareable plates. It’s right in Watkins on the main drag. We love that place. So sad it’s closing. 

You should try Hazelnut Kitchen and Atlas Bowl over in Trumansburg. They are both wonderful places to eat, but no dogs allowed at either place. One of these years I’m going to bowl at Atlas, hopefully with a gin and tonic in hand. :)

Yes please, this year?! I really want to go bowling!!

I Googled Graft---looks great.  It's closing?

We've wanted to try the places in Trumansburg---maybe this year.  We ate at the Stonecat once, and loved it.  We were on the patio, but they wouldn't let us have the dogs there.  They were in the car with the AC on, and Doug kept checking on them.  Didn't make for a relaxing meal.

Ah, the Weinery!  This is the year we eat there---I've been wanting to for years.  And there is an ice cream place called the Spotted Duck that looks awesome.  It's north of the Weinery on 54.  Vacation to me means ice cream every day. Kind of obsessed with eating in general.:lol

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Last year we set up a blanket under a shady  tree at The Wienery. We ate with the dogs outside. It was really nice on their property in the grass. Their food is really good. 

Holly Oaks Holly

3 hours ago, queenwinniesmom said:

I Googled Graft---looks great.  It's closing?

We've wanted to try the places in Trumansburg---maybe this year.  We ate at the Stonecat once, and loved it.  We were on the patio, but they wouldn't let us have the dogs there.  They were in the car with the AC on, and Doug kept checking on them.  Didn't make for a relaxing meal.

Ah, the Weinery!  This is the year we eat there---I've been wanting to for years.  And there is an ice cream place called the Spotted Duck that looks awesome.  It's north of the Weinery on 54.  Vacation to me means ice cream every day. Kind of obsessed with eating in general.:lol

Graft is closing on July 27. If you’re there earlier in the week, definitely go. It’s not dog-friendly though. 

I think the deal with Stonecat is that dogs are welcome on the back deck for lunch only, but must sit off the side of the deck. So yeah, not the best choice if you want to bring the pups. We go for dinner and leave ours in the cabin.

Weinery is definitely dog friendly outside. 

Does anyone know if there are typically greyhound people in the log cabin or A frames?

36 minutes ago, sarabz said:

Does anyone know if there are typically greyhound people in the log cabin or A frames?

Mo & Sean have stayed in one of the A frames before with their hounds.