Dogs know when their humans need them

We've been grey-less and dog-less for quite a while now.  It's just where we are in life.  We'll have greys again, just not right now.  We've gotten used to not having dogs in the house. In a lot of ways, it's so much easier.  

But sometimes - it really strikes me.  I'm going through some family stuff right now that's hard.  There's nothing I'd like more than Sobe or Diana following me around the house, lying on top on me trying to smother me when I sit or lie down.  They ALWAYS knew when something was going on that upset me and they turned into velcro dogs.  Even if I was dealing with something  "just fine".  They always KNEW.  They always gave me extra attention and "hovered" when anything was bothering me.  They became very protective, and "watched over" me.  

When I lie down tonight, I'll sorely regret that I don't have a greyhound that's too big for the bed snoring in my ear, messing up my blankets, sticking a foot in my ribs, and maybe letting me cry in their fur a little bit when nobody knows but them

Dogs get it.  .    

Oh my gosh, is that true or what!  You are so right!  They have that second sense that says my human really needs me right now.  If my dogs could talk, they would tell a lot of my secrets.  I'm really sorry you are going through tough stuff right now.  Prayers for you! (Hope that's okay!)

:grouphug

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

On 6/24/2019 at 11:48 PM, Dawnnziggy said:

Oh my gosh, is that true or what!  You are so right!  They have that second sense that says my human really needs me right now.  If my dogs could talk, they would tell a lot of my secrets.  I'm really sorry you are going through tough stuff right now.  Prayers for you! (Hope that's okay!)

They DO have a second sense, that's so true.  OMG - if my dogs could've talked - they could've told stuff NOBODY knows.  Including how weak I can be when no humans are around to witness. 

Thank you for your prayers - the sentiment is appreciated.  

Edited by sobesmom