Persistent Hookworms in Greyhounds

For those GT'ers who have been fighting the dreaded super-hooks, here's an article to share with your vet:

https://www.greyhoundhealthinitiative.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Persistant-Hookworms-in-Greyhounds.pdf

Edited by LaFlaca

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Just now, SmolAliens said:

Printing myself a copy of this now! We may end up needing it, apparently GPAG's last batch of hounds all got those super-hooks...

I hope you don't need it but it's a good resource just in case.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

54 minutes ago, GreytMom said:

Thanks so much for posting this!! We are one of the lucky ones dealing with this... :wacko:

Hang in there! It took me 18 months to get Lola clear. 

9 hours ago, GreytMom said:

Oh dear... you mean we could have another year of this? 😫

Oh, man....I hope not.  Lola's got an appointment on Monday for vaccinations. I will insist on a fecal whether she needs it or not. I have hookworm PTSD.