Saliva Question

Anyone have any idea what could cause thick, sticky saliva in a dog? 

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Dehydration

Bacterial infection

Poor dental hygiene or other tooth//gum issue

Something caught in a pocket somewhere in the mouth (piece of chew or kibble or bone)

Allergies or some other sinus issue

If her breath is also really bad it's probably worth a vet check

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

38 minutes ago, greysmom said:

Dehydration

Bacterial infection

Poor dental hygiene or other tooth//gum issue

Something caught in a pocket somewhere in the mouth (piece of chew or kibble or bone)

Allergies or some other sinus issue

If her breath is also really bad it's probably worth a vet check

Thanks, greysmom. She has been diagnosed with atopic dermatitis and her breath has become less than minty fresh lately although her teeth and gums look good.. We're seeing the vet on the 24th. I'm wondering if the Apoquel she takes for the allergies is causing dry mouth (although that's not one of the listed side effects) which could account for the saliva and breath issues. <sigh>  Also considering that maybe she has a yeast overgrowth problem in addition to or instead of the allergies. 'Tis a puzzlement.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".