Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeofNE

The Whirled Famuss Unruly Boys Chat Club part 190

Susan,   bee balm attracts hummers like crazy but you do  have to keep it in check because it will spread everywhere.   It is easy to pull out though, so I just leave it in my side garden next to the Russian sage and the hummers visit the bee balm and bumblebees visit the Russian sage.   It is a beehive of activity out there!

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls Beka (BM Beko) and Ivy (Carolina Spoon)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) - you are forever in our hearts.

1 hour ago, Mercsmom said:

I plant for birds and butterflies so I have bee balm, purple coneflower, lupine as well as butterfly bush.  🦋 

At da last house dey habs (Ah wuz knot part of da fambily yet) bee balm (red), coneflowers (many colours), and a butterfly bush (white). Dey had flutterflies, bees, and eben humming byrds.

gallery_17856_3310_663.jpg

Isabella and Bunny da Kitteh, Angel Kitty, Angel Cocoa, Angel Bodhi, Angel Cali, and Angel Remy

Hummers like trumpet shaped flowers the best around here. I don’t know how things grow down south :lol: so I would go to your local garden center (Lucy can recommend one I am sure) and pick their brains. Implant stuff for the birds and butterflies (milk weed for Monarchs) and things I like and things the stupid deer aren’t *supposed* to prefer!  I have a dwarf butterfly hush - purple haze, several types of coneflowers, cardinal flowers, agastache (hummingbird bush - not vine even though I have that, too), bee balm, tickseed, pinchusiom flowers, daisies, black eyed Susan’s, and asters. I also planted iris and daffodils because I like them!  You can have so much fun deciding but not gets real pricey real fast. 

I already have crepe Myrtle, Rose of Sharon and lilacs here. 

Just don’t plant around the septic tank!  It should be well marked. 

You could also plant a tree or two but figure out what you want - size, shape, deciduous or whatever. 

So jealous - I love doing this type of thing!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

TGIF! Still have this awful scratchy throat. Thanks, germ filled jet engine propelled flying tube of sickness!

Susan, can confirm getting pricked by pyrocantha hurts like an SOB. And keeps hurting OW OW OW. I've read that dill attracts tiger swallowtail butterflies. Of course, my doofus Gino tried to eat bee balm and got a mouth full of YUKKK. LOL

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

We habz lots ub dat barburree...it iz reel vasive!!!

Miss Michelle!  We are so happee to see yu.

Miss Vanessa - we are finkin ub yu.

Miss Ducky...fruitcake iz all ooooh an ahhh...ober doze pichures.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I’m in Alabama. I’m gonna poop onnit!

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Merc!  :beatheart   Will you be dribing through Mary Land and wave at me?

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) - you are forever in our hearts.

Hola, Miss Michelle!  Glad to see you are awmost dun wiff yer paper.

Is bery eggcitin plannin yer yard, Miss Susan.  Mom haz a brown thum, tho, an duznt know much abowt plants.  Onny fings we hab are kinda like Miss Cindy---rose ob sharin an lilacks.

Merc is onna moobe!

Annudder HOT one!  Yestiddy, we got inna car wiff AC just to get owt ob the howse!  Mom ran into Pat Catans to see how big there sales are cawse they are closin. :weep Innybuddy hab Pat Catans?  They are an ahhsum kraft store, an Mom loooooves them.  She is sad they are closin. But OMD, the sales, on joolry an beeds speshully.  Mom desided she needs to make moore stuff for her Etsy store---haz bin impty fer monfs---an she haz the urge to make moore jooled dog collars.  Just cawse she likes to, mostly---is like ferapy fer her.  An if innybuddy buys one, thats a bonus!  Innyroo, heer is the sale---buy 3 strands ob beeds at haff prise sale, an GET SIX FREE!  Si, 6 free!  Mom wuz eggstatick. She bot 6 at haff prise, an got 12 free!  Now that is a hollyday.:lol  An we were kewl inna car wiff Dad.

Laila Mariposa

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila, and kitty Simon
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily and Sam
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Never heard of it before but apparently Michaels bought them out and is now closing them all. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Crikey Susan, your house is only twelve years old (I think that’s what you said) and you don’t have mains sewerage on an estate? They probably wouldn’t be allowed to build an estate over here without a proper sewage and drainage system! Individual houses out in the sticks might not be linked up and have to have a septic tank but a whole estate!!!! I thought the States was supposed to be the most advanced Country in the world.

M”E”C

Hush Mum.

I gots stair rods Kreme to rub on mi bad skin and we gotta go bak agen next Windysday.

Mum bin towld that Missr. R. myte be going bak to the kare howme on Moneyday.

it hotanmuggy heer tuday. Mum howpe it OKay weather tumorro ‘cos it the kidlets’ Sokol summer feet and Zac gonna be singing wiv hiz klass so she gotta go.

Keep up the gud wurk Merc.

WGz to awl ower frendz,

Nutmeg

Miss "England" Carol with Chancey - (Goosetree Chance) and whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

:wave Hola!  It's anodder rainy kinda day.  The heeter in da house keeps going on it's that chilly (40 in the morning -60F in the afternoon). We are just KNOT having a spring or a summer so far.

Plants- Mama is just happy that they did KNOT buy a lot of plants this year cuz they are cold and suffring outside! Knot growing a lot.

Miss Vanessa. Darn dose planes huh?  Mama gots a hek-of-a-cold after her last plane ride too. There was a person koffing and hacking. We hope you feel better soon.

We gots nuffing reely NOO, it's just yuckie weathers!

Lubs awl mah frends!

Hola!  Galina

Tin and Michael, Greyhound: Ambi, plus Lucas, Baltasar, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan and Enzo the Galgos.
Remembering houndie Bridge Angels Tosca, Jamey, Master, Jules, Marco and Diego.

Howdy Doody Friends!

We made it thru last night!!  Even tho the stoopid yahoos kept doing the stoopid fireworks until almost breakfist time!!!  :angryfire   Mom had to end up giving Lilly some trazadone.  She's been getting more and more sensitive to loud noises resintly ( :dunno ) so last night bugged her affer a while.  That trazadone worked pretty good for her tho.  Me and Felicity didn't mind at all.  

Miss Soozin we did KNOT know that Miss Loosy has a degree in horting culchure!!!!  Miss Loosy has been holding out on us!!

Nutmeg we hope that creem works on yur stitch holes!   We got one of those yellow globe butterfly booshes and the butterflys and hummers really love it!

Merc is pooping his way back home!

Laila, Mom would be in hevvin with a craft store going out of bizness!!!  Essept she doesn't do a whole lotta craffs anymore cause we don't have any room to store supplies and stuff, so whatever she does kinda hasta be one-offs and little projects, and stuff like croshay that she can put inna tote and carry around.

Galina, I think you guys have been getting all our rainy and bad wether!  Sorry!!

Hey Miss Michelle!!  :wave   Good luck defending yur papers!!

It's gonna be kinda mostly cloudy today so maybe that will keep the stoopid fireworks down tonight.

Have a super awesome day friends!

Toodles!

Whiskey Bisket Samba Boy!  :mexi2 

Chris - Mom to: Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Lilly, and Felicity ( DeLand )

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), and Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby),

Reel England Carol, the unfortunate reality even my quite pricey town/city, is that some of the poorer, older houses were never hooked up to the system, or are in an area which is Charleston County but NOT Town of Mt. Pleasant. Being annexed into the town of Mt. P would potentially open those neighborhoods to unwanted development. The people want the service, but cannot afford to pay for it, either. To me, that's basic human rights if such a service is available.

Now, where my mom lives, is way out in the sticks in VA, so she has to have a well and septic system.

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Hiya!

Seems like everybuddy is alive affer the bangs lass nite, if a bit tired. I only got up and panty an few times when there were reel big ones. Mistress was wortweed tho cause we took a walk to the corner for me to pee and there was hooge bang rite then. :ohno Oh did I try to run rite home! She thot I was ruint but I was pretty mutch OK.

It’s hothothot here again. Feels like over 90 wiff a doo point of 70. We’re juss stayin in today. Speekin of crafts, Mistress is werkin on a cross stitch of a red panda face for her zookeeper’s group craft sales.

We gots a pollinator garden too. The milkweed reelly took over this year and it’s werkin! We see monach flutterbys in the yard alla the time. Mostly they are dyin tho. :unsure But Mistress read bout their lifecycle and it’s weerd and there are many generations each year that the flutterbys only live a few days. There’s holes in the milkweed so somethin’s eatin it and today she saw two monach caterpillars on it! Whiskey, we put the wildflower seeds your mom sent in there too and they are growin. I don’t know iffen they’ll get to flower tho.

Ivy, I was remist in knot sayin I’m sorry your house is leekin. Didja get that fixed up?

I hope you feel bedder soon Miss Vanessa!

I hope you start heelin up too, Nutmeg.

Back to nap time,

Lila

Edited by Jerilyn

gallery_22128_3329_11266.jpg
Jerilyn, devoted Mistress to Lila (Good Looking)

:welcome2 HOWIE!!!!

Antie Jenny, Mom and Dad just love that pretty card you sended!  Even tho it took them, like, 10 minits to figger out how to open it up!!!

Those 3D cards are faboo, aren't they? I belong to their Card Club and get 4-5 cool cards every month :D

Miss Jennie

Pee Ess - looking forward to a binge weekend of Stranger Things :yikes:drama:coffee

Edited by jenners

gallery_13080_2897_2816.jpg

Sending warm and loving hugs to all who have ever loved and lost an animal friend
Miss Jennifer, Hooman, Miss Luna, Gimme Pig, and Misser Neville, Hedgamahog
Hedgehog Welfare Society

4 hours ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

Merc!  :beatheart   Will you be dribing through Mary Land and wave at me?

Oh korse, muh lubs. It will be MunnyDay or TootsDay.  I yam pressently incarseramated here in Alybama. Mummy lifted me :crying

Well, it's official. I cannot leave my boy at a kennel without getting weepy. I think Richard thinks I'm nuts. :crying

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Septic systems are not unusual in this area.  We had one in our house in Dover, MA (which is one of the nicer towns I  the state) as well as a private well.  Don’t know why you wouldn’t want free waste disposal and free water, if it was available.  

Taxes are generally quite low here (mine will be less than half what they were for my condo), and real estate prices are low too.  I would classify my area as closer to “the country” than the suburbs.  It’s not even an issue, really. Septic systems work just fine if you take care of them.  

Not sure if any of those plants will thrive in boiling hot, full sun conditions and red dirt/clay, but that is what I have.

First thing I want to do is figure out what the weedy lawn was supposed to be, and try and tame the weeds and boost the grass!

Ugh.  Got queasy this morning, and can’t seem to shake it.  

gallery_14387_3165_14194.jpg

Susan,  Marcai's Mister Bigglesworth (AKA Da Evil Won), and Sleekat's Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming and George (Driven by Chile) and Buck (Vogo Player)

Last night we could hear the firework boomers in Washington DeeCee!   We were knot skeered though, cuz they were muffled by the clouds. 

Merc, I will be waiting wif bait on my bref to be able to wave at you! 

Foster iggy Howie went to the vet today. I wanted him to have his vaccinations sooner that mid next week, which meant we ended up at not my favorite clinic. They are, however, the only one in the county that does walk-ins only (other than surgeries).

Heartworm negative - yay!  Whipworms - Boo! Nails trimmed - Yay! Abscess on his rump found - Boo! Said abscess not deep and antibiotic prescribed - Yay! Anal glands expressed - PeeYu!  Accidentally charged twice for said expression - Boo but corrected later in the day. Got bathed at the groomers  - Yay for not smelling like cigarettes any more!

Other than being fat and needing a dental, Howie is in pretty good shape. He got over his initial fear of us within hours. Trots around outside with my crew, demanded to sleep in my bed last night, and finally ate today. He still doesn't care for kibble but that might be a teefers issue. I fixed him scrambled eggs with cheese so I could hide the panacur powder.

He's gonna be a good dog for someone.

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella)
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Dear Friends in the WFUBCC and beyond,

Thank you so much for your remembrance collection for out little Atom Bomb!  We really do appreciate all your warm thoughts, and expressions of friendship and love as we navigate through the loss of our little man.

Miss Chris, Mister Dennis, Whiskey,  Lilly, and Felicity

PeeEss - After a post office foul up, I believe his Remembrance crystal was delivered today to our po box, as well.

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), and Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby),

Umm, Spirit?   It wuz the porch roof dat had failed flashing, my Momma wuz KNOT flashing!   Oh.  Gosh Miss Kathy, I didn't think that a gracious lady like you would hab been flashing.  :blush  I musta gotten real confused.

Miz Ducky, Howie is a cutie!  I bet he is grateful to you for helping him find a better home.  :kiss2

Whiskey, I did knot get eben a bite ob pig-ina-blankie.  :angryfire  Ma is so sefish!

Miss Susan, you can plant plenty ob stuff in your yard wifout hurting the septic system or da fence.  :nod

Isabella, hoe exciting dat your Mom's dissertation is reaching fruition!  Are you gonna go help her defend it?  You could growl and bark at anyone who did knot support it!  I'll een send Nate to help.  He's a real loudmouth.

Feel better from you cold, Miss Banessa.

Miss Jennie, Ma lubs those pop-up cards.  Unfortunately, so does Tinker.  He dismantled a lubly maple tree card and amde Ma cry.

Miss Elizabeth, ob course you can't leabe Merc wifout weeping.  He is your boy.  :beatheart

Ma made MIss Susan sick dis morning by hauling her out to follow Ma to the car dealership to get her Forester serviced. Ma thought the repair would take all day and asked Miss Susan to drive her home from the dealership. The Souparoo, named Twyla, had a fit the day before Ma's surgery and turned on her Check Engine light so Ma habs been dreading taking her in butt the service people were really nice.  Twyla needed a new alternator and the put it in under the warranty eben though it was bery close to the end ob the warranty.  Ma is happy!  

Miss RE Carol, it is true as Miss Susan says that lots ob homes in the US are in counties and knot cities or towns and many don't hab access town sewer systems.  Ma's house is like that too.  Grammy's house was as well.  After they'd lived in Grammy's house for about 20 years the neighborhood finally became eligible to get onto the sewer system.  Ob course, they had to pay $$$ per foot for the pipes to be laid all along the street frontage of the house and also the lines from the street to the house.  Grammy had a big, big yard and it costed her lots and lots ob money. 

Miss Susan, lots and lots ob great trees and shrubs and stuff will grow just fine in the bright sunshine ob your new yard!

Spirit

Edited by LBass

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

I'm beginning to think perhaps Auntie Patsy vacations in 2019 are snakebit!  We discovered this morning that our Alaska cruise had been cancelled. More accurately the cruise was just fine, WE had been cancelled. We found this out via American Express letting me know I had a refund coming from Princess. Well, it's the day after the Fourth and travel agency isn't open again until Monday. Princess was sympathetic but can't do anything since we booked thru a travel agency.  DH left a passionate message with the agency's emergency number and eventually our gal called us. She got us reinstated and in our specific cabin (chosen with great consideration for my turning green ability) and a new payment authorized to keep Princess happy. We will meet Monday afternoon face to face since as of right now I do believe I've paid for our flights twice and some strange figure for the cruise itself that bears no resemblance to the paperwork I have in my hot little hand. I'm quite sure the problem is either our gal didn't send our final payment as instructed or Princess screwed up. We shall see. Sigh. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Miss Patsy!!!  :eek :eek :eek      That’s just messed up!  I’m glad you were able to fix it!

We should KNOT have Miss Patsy book any of our houndie trips ;)

Miss Jennie

gallery_13080_2897_2816.jpg

Sending warm and loving hugs to all who have ever loved and lost an animal friend
Miss Jennifer, Hooman, Miss Luna, Gimme Pig, and Misser Neville, Hedgamahog
Hedgehog Welfare Society

Yeah Miss Patsy!!! You are KNOT in charge of vaycayshuns at least for a while!!

Miss Soozin maybe you eated too many of those blanket pigs.  :nod You shudda given the extras to Spirit!!!!  ;)

There's been some booms already tonight but I barked at them and they went away!!

Have a awesome sleeping friends!  

Good Night! 

Whiskey Bisket Samba Boy!  :mexi2