Kitty Hawk, NC

IAMs

We are headed out on a family vacation shortly to Kitty Hawk, NC.  Are there any good beach spots to let the pup run?  TIA!

Gwen (07/2003-11/2009),  * Maya (cancer , 06/2003-10/2013), *Ollie (cancer 07/2013 - 10/2018), *Azalea (cancer, 7/6/2015 - 5/20/2019), Ashe (cancer 04/2011 - 03/2020)

*Aztec (sister of Inca, 12/1996-08/2011), *Inca (half-Siamese kitty ,12/1996 - 9/2016)

The sand will be way too hot. I wouldn't even chance it. Lots of sand spurs to get in their paws. Plus biting flies.

All of Cape Hatteras National Seashore requires leashed pets. Same with Kitty Hawk, Nags Head and Kill Devil Hills.

Check Fort Raleigh National Historic site in Manteo (Roanoke Island) to see if pets are allowed on their trail. At least it's wooded and shady.

I'm not sure if Duck or Corolla have anywhere nice to walk dogs this time of year.

Have you checked what veterinarian clinics are in the area?

I have a non-greyhound friend who lives in Kill Devil Hills. I'll ask her about any municipal parks in the area.

Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz, Rita the podenco maneta
Angels: Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

we just canceled a camping trip to Ocracoke since the average temp and weather conditions have changed drastically. normally it's in the 60s at night- maybe mid-80s during the day. wow....high 90s and humid during the day near 80 and nightly storms(pretty normal down there). not a good scenario for either us or a dog to be outside 24/7. it's frustrating since the weather has not consistently deviated from the norms of the past.