How To Vacation Like A Pro

Our visitor, Bella has settled in like she's always lived here.  She's been here for 2 weeks as of yesterday.  She has roached a few times but tonight I finally got a decent pic of our guest enjoying her stay. Sadly for us, she may be leaving us tomorrow to go back home, but we will make sure that she and Petunia get some playtime scheduled since they have hit if off like long lost friends. We are going to miss this girl.  Sorry for the dark pic. 

n4Gd7gB.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Bella doesn’t seem ready to call it quits on her vaca :lol:wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Bella went home to her Mom this morning.  She is such a sweet girl and her Mom was more than ready to see her.  She and Petunia will have some play dates scheduled soon.  Petunia was not happy that Bella left and let us know all about it.   Here are the girls on their walk this morning. 

yFV2lgM.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Bella really enjoyed her vacation. Petunia loved having a house guest.

It's great that they'll be able to see each other for playdates. :D

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

1 hour ago, GreyPoopon said:

Bella really enjoyed her vacation. Petunia loved having a house guest.

It's great that they'll be able to see each other for playdates. :D

Playdate = 2 minutes of running with each other in the yard and 4 hours of napping on dog beds. :lol

I'm sorry you'll all be missing Bella (heck, we will, too) but I'm glad her mom is evidently having a good recovery.   Maybe you could convince her mom to join GreyTalk so we can get more pictures of the lovely lady?  

How is Petunia letting you know she's unhappy alone?  Whining?  Deep, heartfelt sighs?  Looking out the window for her friend?

Playdate = 2 minutes of running with each other in the yard and 4 hours of napping on dog beds. :lol

Sign me up.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

6 hours ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

If Petunia is lonely maybe she needs a sister?   :)

Not until we know if Bella's Mom is going to be able to continue to take care of her.  Bella has a home here if she needs it and we want to wait a while and make sure that her mom makes a full recovery that allows her to continue to care for Bella, walk her, etc. We will help out in the meantime so that we get some "Bella-time. "

1 hour ago, EllenEveBaz said:

I'm sorry you'll all be missing Bella (heck, we will, too) but I'm glad her mom is evidently having a good recovery.   Maybe you could convince her mom to join GreyTalk so we can get more pictures of the lovely lady?  

How is Petunia letting you know she's unhappy alone?  Whining?  Deep, heartfelt sighs?  Looking out the window for her friend?

Sign me up.  

Bella's mom does not use the internet, so GT isn't an option.  Petunia gets very vocal and also starts flinging toys when she doesn't like what's going on. She is bossy.  She was not happy when Bella didn't come back yesterday.  While she is okay here as an only-dog, it's been pretty obvious that she likes being around other dogs after being on the track and living at the farm for most of her 10 years.  Bella is the first hound that Petunia has completely chilled-out with, played with etc.  When other hounds are here she usually tries to intimidate or control them being the broodie that she is, and most visiting hounds don't like it.  She and Bella were just like long lost friends, and every night was a slumber party in the living room for them. We will need to find a hound with that same dynamic before adopting another. 

22 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Perfect.

Aside: Not all broodies are bossy. Apparently Petunia is one who is... :rofl

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

32 minutes ago, GreyPoopon said:

Perfect.

Aside: Not all broodies are bossy. Apparently Petunia is one who is... :rofl

I say she's entitled to be bossy after having 21 pups that we know of.  No idea if there were more who didn't race.  Life with a broodie is WAY DIFFERENT than life with my big goofy boy was, but it's still fun. 

Petunia gets very vocal and also starts flinging toys when she doesn't like what's going on.

How funny -- those are signs of celebration here.  Lots of noise and stuffies being tossed and slammed to the ground.  Every time I arrive back home, I am greeted with excited barks and sometimes I have to duck as I come in the door.  "The supper lady is here!  The supper lady is here!"  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

48 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

How funny -- those are signs of celebration here.  Lots of noise and stuffies being tossed and slammed to the ground.  Every time I arrive back home, I am greeted with excited barks and sometimes I have to duck as I come in the door.  "The supper lady is here!  The supper lady is here!"  

We've come to know it to mean "My dinner is late again."   :lol

On 5/28/2019 at 10:18 PM, Time4ANap said:

That sounds about right. :nod 

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound