Team Canada tryouts

Last weekend Kenna and I attended the CKC Agility Team Canada tryouts for the European Open (EO) and Agility World Championship (AWC) teams. We've had some challenges recently as I had a PRP treatment about 7 weeks ago to try to heal a back injury, and hadn't been allowed to run at all until about 2 weeks before the event, which meant no training. And these courses were unlike anything we have ever seen. Some of them I thought were positively insane and undo-able... but we got through them! In spite of all these challenges, I was really happy with how we did. It felt like we had never missed a beat... didn't feel rusty or out of sync at all. We finished 25th out of 57 large dogs, and just missed being named as alternates to the EO team.

The last run shown was actually the second run of the event. We ran about half-way through the order, and up to that point there had only been 1 dog who was clean. That dog is a multi world team dog, and the handler just came back from a world event in the Netherlands where she had run THREE of her dogs. We were not nearly as smooth and fast, but we were only the second team to get through it clean. That course was nuts, and it absolutely ate teams for lunch. I was so incredibly proud of us for getting through it clean. When everything was said and done only 4 teams total ran it clean, and the first three were a malinois, a greyhound, and a labrador (the fourth was a finally a border collie). Tryouts is scored on a time plus faults model to bias for fast dogs, so although she was the 4th fastest clean dog, she ended up in 7th overall. Still, 7th out of 57 dogs is absolutely incredible.

I'm super excited to step up our training this year. I plan to put her in for IFCS tryouts in August as well for further experience this year knowing what to expect at these big tryout events... how things run, how things are scored, what kinds of courses to expect, etc. And I hope that next year we'll really have a shot at the team. Either way, I couldn't ask for a better teammate. 

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

that is AWESOME!  She's like a gazelle over the jumps!  and LOVE the pole snaking thing (sorry don't know the name :lol).  That's a workout for BOTH of you!  :D

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Those courses are nuts! You girls are just amazing :clap:clap

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Way to go Kenna!!!  

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Congratulations Team Kenna!  It's hard to imagine faster dogs on that course.  And she obviously is loving every second.

What's a PRP procedure on the back?  Hope you're all healed up.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Wow, that is impressive! :yay

I train agility with Tapas twice a week. We both love it! I'm pretty satisfied with how we're doing but somehow I can't get her to speed up. I know she can run fast (when she sees a squirrel) but during agility she is super SLOW. We will have our first local match in 2 months. I hope we will make it within the time limit :lol 

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.sighthoundgoodies.com

anne_sas3gt_bbuveb.jpg