Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeofNE

The Whirled Famuss Unruly Boys Chat Club #189

Charlie, you’re all heart!  

Thank you for making Guest smile.  It’s been a rough day  I tried to cheer her up by burping in her face after my fish oil pill but that didn’t work!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Backandforfandbackandforf fur Atom:hope

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Atom they just have to find a way you & your big heart can stay.  Did you explain to the vet you have it down pat how to be a PIA to  those older houndies you live with ??  We will keep you in our prays 

Daphne & Bitzi

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Oh Chris, what a horrible, terrible shock.

Prayers to St Francis tonight that the doctors can find a treatment and the Atom Bomb can make a recovery. :hope

gallery_22128_3329_11266.jpg
Jerilyn, devoted Mistress to Lila (Good Looking)

Mom juss gasped when she saw demm hexrays. We will send owr vibes out west quikquiik.:heart

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Post echo update:

It could be worse.  It could be a heckuva lot worse.

Even the cardiologist said she didn't expect this diagnosis from his xrays and exam.  She said he has "idiopathic pulmonary hypertension."   Basically, something - we don't know what, hence the "idiopathic" - caused the blood vessels in his lungs to contrict, increasing the pressure in his heart-lung system.  This made his heart muscle work extra hard to circulate blood through his lungs, and become enlarged.   The increased pressure also causes fluid to leak from the lung tissue into the lungs themselves, which is why he was coughing up blood.   

Best news is this is something they can treat with medication. The dr said if he responds well to the meds there's no reason why he can't have a long happy life.

They are still investigating initial causes for the lung vessel constriction, but we may never know what caused it.

He also has a small hole between the atrial chambers of his heart as she could see fluids being exchanged between them where there shouldn't be.   She didn't talk very much about this so it must not be super important, as least in this context.   And we'd need an MRI to really diagnose it.

He's staying overnight on oxygen and his new meds (I don't know the names of them), and they will see how he does overnight.  His blood pressure needs to come down and be stable, but KNOT too low, which would be a whole other problem.   He also needs to be OK off his oxygen.   They are going to call in the morning with an update, and info on if/when he can come home.

We'll follow up with the cardiologist in about a week.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and good thoughts!!!  They really worked!!

Chris - Mom to: Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Lilly, and Felicity ( DeLand )

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), and Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby),

Just checking in and see Atom’s got a big problem!  Please be OK little Atom :hope   We send :kiss2 to Miss Chris as well.

:heart Hope it gets better for you Atom!

Ms Tin, Galina is :nappy 

Tin and Michael, Greyhound: Ambi, plus Lucas, Baltasar, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan and Enzo the Galgos.
Remembering houndie Bridge Angels Tosca, Jamey, Master, Jules, Marco and Diego.

Excellent, please get stable little Atom Bomb so you can have a long happy healthy life. Theres a good boy. 

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016

Miss Chris. Wow, what a day. Atom we iz sending yu strength and sending yur Mummy hugs

gallery_17856_3310_663.jpg

Isabella and Bunny da Kitteh, Angel Kitty, Angel Cocoa, Angel Bodhi, Angel Cali, and Angel Remy

Sending a giant orange furry poodle hug to Atom. And one to his ‘rents too - they must need hugs rite about now. 

Molly McFriend. 

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - Standard Poodle 2 Year Old Teenager!!

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Loud purrs and lap sitting coming from Linus and Jazz and big hugs from me. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Atom is a lucky lad to have such an attentive and educated Mom.  Sounds like a problem he was born with.  I sure hope medication helps.  

Today I am going plant shopping (and biscuit eating!!) with Lucy and Ann.  It seems you can do just about anything you want here at the complex, so we shall see what I walk away with. My current plan is 6 to 8 begonias, and a honeysuckle to climb my railing and attract some hummingbirds. Or perhaps clematis?  I will get Lucy and Ann to help.

We get two weather reports here—one for the mountains, and one for the rest of the area. That is kind of fun.  

I started to put up some art last night, and unwrapped a few of my purely decorative items.  Seems more like home now.  I also don’t think you’re supposed to store oil paintings wrapped in bubble wrap...

The cats act like we have always been here. You’d never know what they tolerated on this trip. I am equally amazed at them as at Sam and I for just smiling and chatting and goofing around for 14 hours in my very vibraty vehicle!

gallery_14387_3165_14194.jpg

Susan,  Marcai's Mister Bigglesworth (AKA Da Evil Won), and Sleekat's Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming and George (Driven by Chile) and Buck (Vogo Player)

Continued :hope  For Atom.

we had a Dobe with heart disease. He did very well on meds. Lasix and something else.

Fifteen years ago I myownself contracted a nasty unknown virus which attacked my heart, lungs and kidneys. I was in heart failure, in ICU on a respirator for 3 days.  With good meds and rest I slowly recovered.  Heart took a long time and I am still on a beta blocker. My lungs will never be 100% but I certainly function just fine. 

gallery_21971_3279_4012.jpg

Nancy...Mom to Ruby (Watch Me Dash),Nigel (Nigel) and Sid (Peteles Tiger)

Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope,BillieJean,Bandit and especially Nixon (Starz Sammie) waiting at the Bridge.

Atom, what a scary eggsperience. Dat hex-ray ob your heart is frightening, poor boy.  I'm so glad that what made you so sick is likely treatable.  Wait.  Treatable.  Treats!  You can get treats for this!  Feel better soon. 

:kiss2 Miss Chris.  I know dat you are worried for your baby boy.

Daphne & Bitzi, I'm sorry your car is sick and I hope it's just gonna be a simple, inexpensive repair to get it running in top shape again.

Miss RE Carol, what fun that you did your first solo bat rescue!  I hope day get those cats out ob your eyeballs soon.

Saint, dat poem and photo endeared you to bof Ma and Auntie Ann.  

Miss Susan, habing your art and decorative items about you will be good for your spirits.

Spirit

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

Miss Chris, so happy to hear that medication should help Atom!  Hope he's better today and can come home.   :kiss2  :grouphug  :hope

Miss Noo Carol

Gud hoomid Satonday! Mom tukk us on a deff march, wuz supposed to be a houndie walk, but it wuz just us. Now Gino's tummy iz makin loud sqeeks, he pooped andniz nawt in distress, so we will see.

Atom, you feel bettah quikquik!

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Atom, I am so glad that the doctor knows whot is wrong wif you and there are medicines that can help!   That is good noos!

I am being sat upon!   Momma and Daddy are going to a party in Phillydelphia for my Auntie Linda and we are staying wif Duncan and Kracken and Misser Cameron and Miss Amanda!  They habs a beeeeeeg fenced in yard and we can run around.    Beka has already been running in the yard.   Plusalso there is a foster houndie here named Mitch who habs been spoken for and is going to his foreber home tomorrow!  :yay Mitch!

Ivy, sat upon houndie

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls Beka (BM Beko) and Ivy (Carolina Spoon)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) - you are forever in our hearts.

Getting the cats out of your eyes is a HOOGE improvement. The time between the last surgery and being able to order new glasses (about two weeks) is called by my Doc LaLa Land.   🤪. However there are over the counter (K Mart, drugstores etc) reading glasses in assorted powers and bifocals too so you can find something that will tide you over. 

Sending Atom white light for an Rx solution. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Good to know meds can fix Atom. We hope he responds well to them & can come home to bother you all .

HUGS Atom,  Daphne & Bitzi

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Haven't heard from the ICU yet today. Hoping I can squeeze in a shower before they call.

Aa-a-a-a-a-n-d now Whiskey isn't eating.

Oy.

Chris - Mom to: Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Lilly, and Felicity ( DeLand )

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), and Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby),