Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeofNE

The Whirled Famuss Unruly Boys Chat Club #189

Oh, noes Atom! We says dat doofus yunger brudders may be doofusesseses, but we still lubs dem and need dem healfy!

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Oh no, poor Atom! Please be OK, little guy! 

gallery_22128_3329_11266.jpg
Jerilyn, devoted Mistress to Lila (Good Looking)

]WBSB we have our paws crossed for your brother, Atom

Daphne & Bitzi

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

When mom was coming down our street the check engine light came on. No appointments available until Tuesday so no driving for us. OUr car is old so please all say a pray it can be fixed &  isn't too expensive to fix

Daphne & Bitzi who will have mom here with us all weekend

Oh Chris, how awful. I hope there's something that can be done to help him. Sending many hugs.

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016

OMG.  No words.  Just virtual hugs.  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Atom!!!  Wut de fudge!!!!!:ohno  Yu gotta be hokay, pal. Yu juss gotta.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

We ar getting reddee fower bed butt we ar wurreed fower ower Atom and kan KNOT beleeve wat Miss. Chris jusst wrote. Ower pawsis ar XXed fower yu littul lad!

Chancey and Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with Chancey - (Goosetree Chance) and whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

I just came on for an Atom update. I cant believe it, heart failure ?  How awful ,it just doesn't seem possible in one so young.  Oh CHris I am so sorry 

Caroline, Daphne & Bitzi who have their hands & paws crossed :candle

:hope    :grouphug  Atom  :(   :hope

Saint you are quite handsome and an amazing poet. :kiss2

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella)
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh Atom!  :oPleeese be  OK!   Maybe dere are some medicines that can help your heart get stronger!   

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls Beka (BM Beko) and Ivy (Carolina Spoon)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) - you are forever in our hearts.

Oh, no!  Poor Atom and poor Chris.  This must not be too common in a dog so young, is that right? Sending lots of good thoughts to you, and hoping for a positive update. I'm so very sorry you are going through this.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila, and kitty Simon
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily and Sam
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Atom we are sending you all the positive vibes and prayers that we can buddy. 

Carol Ann & Molly McPoodle. 

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - Standard Poodle 2 Year Old Teenager!!

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

All the white light in North Dakota is coming your way. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Oh, Miss Chris, I am so sorry to hear that!  Big warm healing hugs to you and Atom!  We are thinking of you.

Miss Noo Carol

OK.  An update as I know now.

Atom has always had some issues with getting out of breath with little exertion.  And he does this kind of hacky cough, like there's something caught in his throat.  I talked with our vet about this last time we were in (4-6 weeks ago), and she suggested it was because his trachea/esophagus was a little swollen.  I didn't think anything of it because he eats inedible crap - sticks and pine cones and trash and etc - off the floor/ground all. the. time.  He's a puppy.  It's what they do.  Everything goes in his mouth! She also said he had a heart murmur -which again, greyhound, so I didn't think much of it. He plays, he runs, he barks, he does all the things a baby dog should do.

Fast forward to this morning. We go out to potty and play, which he does, then he gets really out of breath and starts hacky coughing again.  normal for him, except it doesn't stop.  Then I notice he's coughing up blood! Quite a bit of blood.  So off to the evet we go!

His blood oxygen is low, his blood pressure is high. The ER doc wants to do xrays, which is fine with me.  He comes back in and shows me these: 

(These are cell pics of the xrays on the screen)

46850987875_05a0aa7e29_n.jpg20190503_114524 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

46850987845_2ea50d2f61_n.jpg20190503_114530 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

That big white blob in the middle of both pics is his heart.  It's about twice the size of a normal greyhound heart. You should be able to see all the way around it, and see the lobes of his lungs.   There's also some edema in the part of the left lung that can be seen - which is where the doc believes the blood is coming from.    It was also his opinion that the heart enlargement is "probably" congenital, since he's had this issue for so long.

So. 

Next step is an echocardiogram to see what's what, and what, if anything we can do about it.   The cardiologist at that ER couldn't see him until Monday, but the ER doc found one at another evet that is doing the echo this afternoon.   We're waiting now for the call about the results of that.  But most of the possibilities are not extremely optimistic for a good prognosis of long term survivability.    There *might* be drug treatment options, depending on what's wrong.

No matter what he's staying the night in hospital to stabilize his blood oxygen and pressure.  After that, we really don't know yet.

I'm just flattened.  I'll try and update later.  Please send him all the white light and prayers you can.  The little man needs them.

Chris - Mom to: Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Lilly, and Felicity ( DeLand )

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), and Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby),

Chris, I will be keeping him in my prayers tonight.

Edited by Potomacpupsmom

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls Beka (BM Beko) and Ivy (Carolina Spoon)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) - you are forever in our hearts.

All the good thoughts, prayers and white light from Penciltucky coming your way. 

This sucks. 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Liddle Atom we just heard! Ifn I culd gibs yoo my hart I wuld, butt I canknot,momma-bear says no. Perhaps yoo can habs Zorro del galgo's?

Keep us postid

Charlie

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love