Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeofNE

The Whirled Famuss Unruly Boys Chat Club #189

Hooz de doofus wif de toofus??

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Merc!!  That's Nate!!  What a overbite!  Mom just collapseded into a pile of goo!!!  :lol:

Well, Lila, I have to say - I like these new kibbles just fine!  :chow  We got the Turkey flaver and the kibbles are really small!  Smaller than our old kibbles.  Felicity likes their new kibbles too, but Atom has as upset tummy so he's getting fasted.

Hey Charlie!  :wave

Speaking of Felicity,  she got in so much trubble today!!  She got in the garden again and Mom was so mad!!!  :eek Fortunately nothing got rooined so she got off way too easy cause she's cute!  :bugeye

We also played with the pole for a few minits and laid in the sun a lot!

Back later! 

WBSB!  :mexi2

Chris - Mom to: Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Lilly, and Felicity ( DeLand )

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), and Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby),

Ohhh da pole, I lubs lubs lubs da pole! I wish we can play soon!!!

Ohhh Miss Felicity 😅 wot a naughty gurl yoo awr!

HIYA Miss Paris!!! I sabed yoo a donut! Be quick becoze I might juss eet it...

Yoor freend

Charlie

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

:wave all!

Miss Jennie

gallery_13080_2897_2816.jpg

Sending warm and loving hugs to all who have ever loved and lost an animal friend
Miss Jennifer, Hooman, Miss Luna, Gimme Pig, and Misser Neville, Hedgamahog
Hedgehog Welfare Society

Donuts!  Dey awr like yummy!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Ooh!  Miss CA!  Stuff is gud. :nod

Mummy's bin grading eggzams and practissing hur dances and blowing hur nose and KNOT cuddling me! :bugeyeKNOT at all!

Well, a liddle bit

O.K. I git ear rubbies and kisses and chair cuddles

And sheez goin in tu werk tuday!

Mummy's bin reedin abowt HomeAdvisor lettin peepul down in rekommending werkers.  Made hur fink ob Miss Sherrie and all hur house trubbuls.

Didja see Miss Cynphia's noo hair on de FB?  It's white and peenk!!!

Merc lonesum

:paw

Mornin!

I was remist in knot saying  that I hope Tiny is OK and that she can feel good and be happy for a long time yet!

Ivy, you reelly are on the Lila’s keep ‘em guessin dining plan. And I know for a fakt that iffen you keep turnin up your pointy snoot at the kibbles, you will get sumthin bedder. Your folks won’t let you starf to def. ^_^

Spirit, how xcitin that your Ma won a prize. They raffle off parkin spots at Mistress’ werkjob too. A close spot in Wiskconsin in Janrooary is a hooge prize!  And wow, your Natey shore’s got sum snoot!

Hiya Charlie! You doing the beeg shed?

Whiskey, I knew you’d like the kibbles! I like the small breed kind so the kibbs are even smaller. Mistress calls em my rice krispies. :lol:

My sniffandtrot this mornin was cut short. I was happy when we opened the door and my labradork buddy was going by. I like him, he barely looks at me and juss keeps going. :) I like to follow him down the street. But affer him was the Double Doodles. :wow Mistress talked to the man when he only had one and that one, Simba, is a sensible guy. He was attaked in the nayborhood too. But the sekund doodle is calt Scout and he was lookin at me all sushpishus like then he startin barkin at me! I turned rite round and headed home. I theenk their man felt bad cause he was yellin at Scout and stopped till we got in the garaj.

Have a good day!

Lila

gallery_22128_3329_11266.jpg
Jerilyn, devoted Mistress to Lila (Good Looking)

Hola!  We are away fer 1 day an awreddy there is a noo club, an prolly at the bery end ob page 2.  Fanks fer makin it, Hebbenly George.  An Myka, those snaks!  You owtdid yerownself.  Free ob Moms faborite fings---cheeze, veggies an cupkakes!

Ja, Ja, Whiskey an Spirit---Miss Chris haz a crappy crap myrtel!  We are gonna googel them to see whot they look like.  Mom wuz wundering---is it too late to plant sum flox?  We hab sum that is old an pittyful, an wood be bedder knot there, but Mom likes flox.  I is pritty eazy an cubbers stuff an looks nise.  Cood she tare the old stuff owt, an put sum noo stuff in? Owr hostas are comin up reel good! Eberybuddy inna Berg loooooves hostas.

Aw Nate, we love yer liddle toofers.  You are so so kewt.

Wellcome bak, Miss Tin!  We know you had a wunnerful thyme wiff Miss Charl.  There are noo rools an komplicated stuff abowt bringin dogs into the US that Mom is wurried abowt. They are makin it harder an harder, an we hope it duznt effeck Galgos comin heer.  Wood be so sad if they coodnt.

Miss Ducky, sownds like GIG wuz fun an sum fings knot qwite as fun.  We nebber stayed at that Eye Son Hower plase. Still duznt sownd nise atall, an they hab had yeers to make it nise.  Sebberal yeers ago, wuz gettin to be hard to find a plase that wuz nise an knot rill eggspensib. They stayed at a cupple plases in town, but they got rilly eggspensib an hard to get a room. Then they stayed at a plase neer the Harleys, but then it changed an dint allow dogs. 

An barkin ob plases to stay---Miss Elizabeth, are you an Merc goin to Grapehounds agin?  Innybuddy else?  Is gettin klose.  We are stayin at owr kampgrownd agin.  We finely fownd the rite trayler.  Is bigger an in a nise settin, an we hab eberyfing we need.  An is cheep.  We prolly will go on Toosday this yeer, sinse neever Mom or Dad haz to werk.  An that is grate!  I loooove Grapehounds.  Is a chanse to schmooze an spred the Galgo love.  Onny fing---the hedqwarters this yeer is Catharine Valley Whinery, an it is way down at the bottim ob the lake.  An we are way up on annudder lake.  So we will be dribin a lot!  Is okay, tho.

Mom is feelin a bit ober eggstended.  She haz so minny lib in jobs inna neckst 2 monfs, she will hardly eber be home!  She ends one job an goes rite to annudder job!  Well, she will stop in durin the day, but ebery nite, she will be gone. :(  An yestiddy she had sum stress!  Her longthyme klients wiff the 4 kittehs ware she spends the nites, emailed an sed, We are on trak fer goin away May 17 to 19.  An Mom did KNOT hab her onna kalender!  Onny fer a week ober Memoriul Day an 2 weeks ober Labor Day.  An Mom rote---Yikes!  I hab bin goin ober ebery email sinse Fanksgibbin an I do KNOT see those dates.  An I hab annudder lib in job that ends onna 18th.  Mom HATES to inconbeniense her clients or make mistakes, so she wuz bery upset.  She tole Miss Rozlyn she cood wach the kittehs onna 17th, but coodnt spend the nite till the 18th.  Now most peepel wiff kittehs dont hab you spend the nite, but Miss Rozlyn is differnt.  She rote bak that she looked at emails too an dint see that she hab eber gibben Mom those dates. Whew!  But now they desided to just stay home, an Mom feels bad, eben tho it wuznt her fawlt. I shure hope affer the summer, fings slow down a lot!

Laila Mariposa

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila, and kitty Simon
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily and Sam
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

It's ThirstDay everwon!  And, the rain held off until we got our walkie last evening!  But, it is supposed to rain and thunder this afternoon/evening, so Guest dragged Sherman outta bed this morning to go with me since it is quite likely no walkies tonight.  She didn't actually have to drag him, but did have to lift of part of his bed and then blocked him from lying back down.  Lazy sod.  His new better living through sniffs oil is on the counter just waiting for him to need it.  Again, many thanks,  Miss Ducky!  

We are glad that Tiny is enjoying life and sharing food.  May she continue to enjoy each day as it comes.  

Lila, I am sorry your morning sniffntrot was rudely interrupted!  Ours was littered with loads of deer and some strange critter walking towards us down the road, but it was too darkish and very foggy for Guest to make out exactly what is was.  Went into the woods before we got closer, so that's good.  Rain and fog bring out the best stink!  The cattle farm was smelling especially fragrant today! 

Guest doesn't have a parking lot by her office - they have to park in a big garage down the street that is also used by the library and various other peoples coming into town.  She loathes to have to use her car during the day because she never knows if there will be any spots available upon her return.  

We saw Miss Cynthia's new do!  Guest did a double look and probably wouldn't have recognized her on the street.  What do you think, Charlie?  We always give Guest the once over when she gets her hair cut.  :brushteeth never changes it up and gets is chopped monthly, so we couldn't care less what he does.  :rofl  When Guest's kids were little, they would freak when their dad shaved off his beard in the spring.

The sun is actually coming out!  Better take advantage before the storms roll in.

Have a good day everwon!

TTFN

Miss Fancypants :star 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I have seen Mr Patsy wiffout a beard exactly once in 44 years. It was wayyyy back when and he was heading for a summer of custom harvesting and the boss was pretty conservative so no beard. It looked like I was corrupting a choir boy!

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Gud sunny and warm Thorsday! Wow, Nate habs a superb oberbite! Duz he hang hiz tong out too like mah doofus brudder?

Ms. Susan, don't ober do it wibs da unpackin. Get da important kitchen stuff and bed unpacked, ebberyfin else iz graby!

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Good morning!! Here is the tail tale of Spain.

I arrived at about noon after 30 hours of being awake (1 hour nap on the plane) and managed to stay awake until 8 PM.  This helped tremendously with jet lag, just fight through it.  Charl showed me around the finca and told me about the bay cleaning procedures which happen each morning and evening.  The orchard, where most of the dogs reside in their bays had just been concreted, so the majority of the dogs were not at the finca they were in residency (a very first class kennel).  So I met just the dogs in the garden bay (it’s set apart location wise) and is near their horse stable.  I also met the dogs in the isolation bay, which my cabin was opposite of.  The dogs in the isolation bay were orthopedic cases when I was there. I was also shown how to prepare the bowl of dog food, which I washed out an prepared each day, in the end 30 big bowls of dog food for the orchard alone. 

On day two (Wed) I helped clean the two bays and then it was the plan to bring home the dogs from residency. This is what happened, later in the day. I also told Charl I wanted to tackle her huge pile of dog bedding laundry so I was shown how to operate the industrial washer and dryer.  I did 7 loads that day and it made a small dent. Later that day the MASSIVE pile of laundry was picked up from residency.  I kept doing laundry for the next 4 days and eventually the pile disappeared much to Charl’s surprise.

Throughout day 2 Charl was getting calls about a Galgo who a private citizen had found and who could not walk.  Charl agreed to take this Galgo and it was decided that it would be picked up the next day- a massive Easter parade holiday in Spain.  They decided it would need to be an early start since the parades in Seville, which was on the way were to start at 11 AM.  So hubby Dioni asked if I might want to go along on the “long” trip, a 6 hour round trip. (That’s nothing for us, so used to long distances.) It was to be a 6:30 start so we’d be through Seville on the return trip already to avoid the parades. 

So this is how day 3 (Thurs) went, we went to rescue this galgo.  He was put into the little hospital bay in the new clinic at the finca.  He was named Bran by his rescuer who said it meant “saved” in a language.  Charl changed it to Salvado, “saved” in Spanish, Salva for short.  I find that feminine, so call him Salvo.  In all of his pain and agony he never once growled, snapped or even attempted to bite anyone, all he wanted was to be petted. The finca vet came over to sedate him since it was the huge Easter weekend and nothing was open. They also took X-rays which showed his left hip to be dislocated and his right femur to be broken. He stayed there, medicated until his surgery on Monday (Thursday to Monday).

The next day -4 (Fri) another visitor arrived from Scotland so we had extra help cleaning the now filled dog bays.  Laundry continued….as well as caring for Salvo.  He needed his specialized weewee pad bedding changed often (more laundry) and he needed cleaning up.  He stunk to the high heavens, we’re sure he was found in a sewer by the private citizen.  So he had a bath, being very careful to not move his hind legs too much.  He was sedated for this. Charl also got a call about a Galga who was seen with a “gunshot” wound on her side.  She ended up coming to the finca the day I left, the “gunshot” was two types of cancer and since it had spread she was humanely euthanized a couple of days ago.

Day 5 Sat- A smallish grocery store was open so we went for some groceries, especially for the Scottish lady.  A friend of Charl’s who fund raises for her asked to use the washer to wash donated dog coats so that took most of the day.

Day 6- Easter Sunday, although it did not seem like Easter at all- it was a quiet day aside from Bay cleaning and some laundry.  A day off, so to speak. But I DID finish the Laundry for Charl, who was very surprised by this. Charl did some therapy on one of the orthopedic cases.  This was interesting to watch.

Day 7- Monday, my last full day.  The usual bay cleaning was done, of course.  Salvo went for his surgery and two other isolation Bay dogs went for their checkups.  We washed the three dogs that were to come home with me, geared them up in their new collars and harnesses.  Went for a short walk with the Galga who had the therapy the day before.  I got ready got my trip home.

Day 8- Tues- Got an early start going to the airport with the three galgos.  Flight went OK. Landed in Montreal and got strangers to help me with three carts with dog crates as there are no longer porters there to help. That went OK as well and the welcoming committee was ready for us once we came through the doors.  We were driven to Ottawa where one of the Galgas was brought to her new home.  The other two went with me to a hotel where we spent the night and waited most of the next day for our early evening flight home.  One of the Galgos parents were at the airport to meet and take their new boy with them.  The Galga went home with us for the night and her Momma picked her up the next day.

I loved my time in Spain despite it being a working holiday.  The highlight was going to rescue Salvo.

Did you all see photos?  How do you post them on this new site???

Another aside…Long plane flights, you watch movies, right?  On the way there I chose BohemianRhapsody, but was talked to by my neighbor quite a bit- about Galgos.  So I watched it on the Trans Atlantic flight back again….and again, and then on my last flight home.  I LOVED, LOVED it.  If you’re a fan of Queen at all it’s a must see IMO. The "Freddie" WAS Freddie.

Ms Tin

Edited by mom2four

Tin and Michael, Greyhound: Ambi, plus Lucas, Baltasar, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan and Enzo the Galgos.
Remembering houndie Bridge Angels Tosca, Jamey, Master, Jules, Marco and Diego.

Ah yam here, but Mummy iz gibing me no time to tic tic

Isabella

gallery_17856_3310_663.jpg

Isabella and Bunny da Kitteh, Angel Kitty, Angel Cocoa, Angel Bodhi, Angel Cali, and Angel Remy

Howdy Doody Friends!

Morning clouds today, but affernoon sunny sunshine again!!

Wow!  You guys sure have posted a LOT this morning!  :lol 

Miss Soozin gets her stuff!!!  :thumbs-up

Laila, yur Mom could always just say "No!"  ;)

Miss Tin what a great visit!

Fancy I swear you get more rain than Seattle!  :eek

Merc, don't be such a baby!! Yur Dad is still home with you, right???    

Lila, I'm sorry that new dog barked at you!  If I was there I would protekt you for sure!!!

Hey Spirit!  hey Johnny!  Hey Izzy!  :wave

Atom ate his rice-n-chikken for brekkie and so far it has stayed inside!    Mom hopes he doesn't need to go to the vet for tummy meds to get over this!

Have a super awesome day friends!

Toodles!

Whiskey Bisket Samba Boy! :mexi2

Chris - Mom to: Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Lilly, and Felicity ( DeLand )

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), and Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby),

Miss Tin, wut wundermuss houndie adbenchures yu'r habbing. :nod

Miss PittsNancy, we are knot going tu Grapehounds dis yeer on accounta Mummy is going to TieLand at dat time.  I don't git it.  No wun wares ties aneemore.  Daddy eben onlee wears wun wuntst a yeer or so. :dunno

Dose snaggs are wunnerful, Ms. Jen!

Tin, dat sownz reel bizzee in reel inneresting!

Laila, yur Mama's skedule sownz inneresting

Hi Isabella!

Spirit - we lubz doze pichures....

Enjoy da sun, Miss Fancy.  We are still Clowdee...

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Tin, I was worn out just reading about all that you accomplished!

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella)
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

There is a little green lizard climbing the crepe myrtle tree next to my balcony. Every few feet he stops, bobs his head, and puffs out a red pouch under his chin. If I were a girl lizard, I would be swooning I am sure.

Got the kitchen unpacked, and need to make the bed.  Then a hot shower, and some kitty time.  When I let the cats out of the closet I stashed them in (it’s is bigger than the bathroom,  no joke) I found Nikita on the top shelf of the closet on my pillow!!

My final closing number is netting me six figures. I am giddy!  I should get it tomorrow or Monday.

Lucy and I enjoyed a quesadilla lunch together.  Saturday it’s a plant shopping excursion!!

gallery_14387_3165_14194.jpg

Susan,  Marcai's Mister Bigglesworth (AKA Da Evil Won), and Sleekat's Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming and George (Driven by Chile) and Buck (Vogo Player)

Miss CA, dat iz gud bikkie - or cat treet muneez!!!!

We laff abowt yu swooning if yu wur a gurl leezard.

Yesserday a Turnkey returned to owr property.  Ebbery May dey come an da burds uhm...canoodle...den do moor den canoodle....and poof deer are eggs in a nest.  Den da eggs hatch an da ladee turnkeys raze da babeez an den by da fall, dey all moob to a pack down da street.  Well shur enuff, yesserday wuz May 1st an deer wuz da Tom luking fur da gurls.

An den, on da way to da wurkjob, fruutcake saw a car in a driveway wif a beeg turnkey standing on da ROOf ub it!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Ms. Susan, yoo habs an ANOLE! We habs dem, and da little pink gekkos I like to eet.

Ms. Tin, dere is someone in da Club dat can do pics, I know dere iz. We non-faceboogers wuld like to see dem!

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg