He's Here! Cletus!

When I knew he would be ours, I couldn't wait to introduce him. He's here now. :yay From a high-kill shelter in GA, sprung by a lab rescue group that works with a local chapter, 13.4 yo Cletus got on the hauler last Thursday and arrived at his foster mom's in NY late Saturday. Sunday was our M&G and home visit, and today was delivery day. Welcome home Cletus. Glory boy. After all he's been through, he is such a HAPPY dog. His tail has not stopped wagging except during naps (when he's snoring :lol ). :gh_bow The campers have welcomed him and he's been exploring as tho he's been here forever. He can't hear worth a lick lol. Please welcome Camper Cletus!:wub:

58779051_2225402257776241_26279615921588

58444151_2225402367776230_70870063841468

58377483_2225402481109552_77075258300956

Wagging with mom:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-aJUkAbSzk

Slow-mo wag!:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsTwVY8RPFI

ETA: It's the funniest thing ... the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, right? Even if that means point-to-point routes underneath a greyhound :rofl

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I suspect there will be 6 Roooers. He looks like the type who might end up leading the chorus. :lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

What a handsome old gent.

Welcome home Cletus...

Celebrate Me Home

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

What a cutie. Welcome home, Cletus. I love your name. 

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Milo welcomes another floppy-eared hound to GT.  We'll call him a (cough cough) lurcher if you want.  You can tell he has a bright, sparkling personality.  Welcome, hound dawg Cletus!  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

What an adorable old man!!!  :wub:   :wub:    

Congrats Miss Jan and the other Campers!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

1 hour ago, DesiRayMom said:

If ever I were to make a road trip to meet a houndie,  this would be it. Trouble is,  MsJan might end up with a couple more campers..............

Maybe instead of Dewey we should all just show up at CG and surprise Ms Jan. :rotfl

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

26 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

Maybe instead of Dewey we should all just show up at CG and surprise Ms Jan. :rotfl

Promises promises :lol Y'all should come!

Earlier today on the Camper Cam, I caught Cletus upside down scratching his back (tail still wagging) before he ended up in a full-fledged, maintained roach :lol:yay He's the best and I'm so proud of the other campers for welcoming him. He's eating/drinking well, seems to be housebroken, slept through the night, after breakfast he put himself back to bed, he's just a love. Oh, and his poop is 10 star, lol. Who knows how much time we have, we never know, but we will try to keep Cletus comfy and keep that beeg smile on his face and that HAPPY TAIL going.

Cletus :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Welcome home Cletus! 

You couldn't have found a better home for your "retirement."

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Oh, that face!  He is irresistible!  Welcome to your loving, glorious new home, Cletus.  :beatheart

Edited by LBass

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Oh, Cletus, I am smitten too!  What an endearing face, and kind eyes.  You are so lucky to have landed with Miss Jan.

And Jan, bless you for giving this deserving guy the most wonderful home in his later years.  No wonder he is roaching already!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown