Bugs

Guest FiveRoooooers

@Hubcitypam yeah, the no links thing is bothersome, they made the process of using gallery images easier, but not what we are used to.

Click INSERT OTHER MEDIA in the lower right of the editor window, then select INSERT EXISTING ATTACHMENT.

Select the images(s) you want, then click INSERT SELECTED in the lower right.

Insert_attach1.png

Insert_attach2.png

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/19/2019 at 12:22 PM, Bizeebee said:

I'm searching "corns" in Health and Medical. I'm guessing that a good chunk of the results I've previously seen would be gone, but I wouldn't think they'd all be that old? I'm still getting the same "still indexing" message and no results.

Indexing appears to be finished finally! :colgate 

Searching for "corns" site-wide I now see 108 pages of results.

18 hours ago, Jeff said:

Indexing appears to be finished finally! :colgate 

Searching for "corns" site-wide I now see 108 pages of results.

Yay! 

And thank you for the instructions about updating your default stream on the previous page. That was the step I was missing as well.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Way down the list of issues, but it seems you can only add one emoji at a time to a post?? I drop down the menu, click on the one I want and the drop down goes away. To add another emoji I need to click the drop down menu again.    (Probably on an issue for me since most people don't add a bunch of them in a row!)

Also, is there a way to change the line spacing in a post at all?

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Correct, if you use the emoji button it inserts just one at a time, you can however manually enter the keys which would probably be faster if doing a few in a row.

Other than copy/paste into the WYSIWYG editor from something like WORD, etc. I don't know of a way to change the line spacing.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:32 AM, Jeff said:

No, I'll continue doing profile photos manually by hand to ensure things stay Greyhound related. Please click and submit a "Support" ticket from the top menu bar, attach the image and I'll get you fixed up. If you get a size error just start an email with details and attach the image to the email, send to helpdesk (at) greytalk . com

Darn!  LOL...kidding.  I wanted to make sure that was something working as expected/built as you wanted it, rather than the system just choosing not to behave.  I have to figure out which pup my profile pic is before I even think about wanting to change it.

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Jeff, did you say that once you click on condensed it should stay that way? Mine seems to keep switching back to expanded. 

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Can't recall which thread I saw this in:  font size was really small on a member's post. Those posting before or after that post had "normal" (slightly larger) font size.

Does that have anything to do with the font size each user can adjust when just reading or when posting?

I probably didn't explain that very well. :dunno

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

7 minutes ago, macoduck said:

Can't recall which thread I saw this in:  font size was really small on a member's post. Those posting before or after that post had "normal" (slightly larger) font size.

Does that have anything to do with the font size each user can adjust when just reading or when posting?

I probably didn't explain that very well. :dunno

It's probably because I copied it from another website (FB) where the fonts are smaller.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

16 minutes ago, Houndtime said:

It's probably because I copied it from another website (FB) where the fonts are smaller.

I don't think it was your post Irene since it wasn't a copy from elsewhere.

It may have been in the WFUBCC thread. If I see it happen again I'll let you know where to find it.

Editing to add: Jeff, the mini font can be seen near the bottom of page 46 in the WFUBCC thread version 188, made by Jenbo. 

https://forum.greytalk.com/topic/324649-the-whirled-famuss-unruly-boys-chat-club-version-188/?do=findComment&comment=6114120

Edited by macoduck
more info

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Her post in the ABT appeared that way as well so maybe a setting she has?

Yes, that is either because the copy/pasted it from something else into the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, or chose to make it small.

@NeylasMom mine is staying condensed, but I have only tried during this session, I've went back and forth 4 times now, still staying condensed. I'll see where it is at in the morning to see if anything changed.

Are you clicking on a saved stream, like unread content in between? That seems to be when it resets for me. And I went back and recreated the saved feed, making sure it was condensed when I saved in case that was the issue, but it didn't address it.

Edited by NeylasMom

no, just clicking unread content (and it is still staying condensed), I don't have any saved streams, I don't use either of those features, it just isn't how I personally read forums.

I would doubt the condensed/expanded option is saved within the feed, to me I would think that would be independent of the feed, you're saving the data set, not the display IMO.

6 hours ago, macoduck said:

I don't think it was your post Irene since it wasn't a copy from elsewhere.

It may have been in the WFUBCC thread. If I see it happen again I'll let you know where to find it.

Editing to add: Jeff, the mini font can be seen near the bottom of page 46 in the WFUBCC thread version 188, made by Jenbo. 

https://forum.greytalk.com/topic/324649-the-whirled-famuss-unruly-boys-chat-club-version-188/?do=findComment&comment=6114120

That is even smaller than mine.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

54 minutes ago, Jeff said:

My unread content has stayed in the selected "condensed" setting

Mine has too, on my phone. I haven't been on a computer today to check that, which is where it was happening yesterday.