Bugs

Guest FiveRoooooers

Guest FiveRoooooers

Hello? Does this post work? :lol  Jeff are you still with us?? :) 

I didn’t seem to be able to Preview a new topic prior to posting it live, Not sure about previewing a response to an established thread. 

I was also also limited to a very small size of photos to put in the thread. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@FiveRoooooers to Preview:

Inside the posting box, the rightmost upper icon (looks like a page with a magnifying glass) is the preview button It will preview inside the post window, and you can see what it would look like in desktop/tablet/phone views. It also looks like you need to login since you posted as a guest.

Please be more specific/detailed  on the photo sizes visible size, or file size?. What were your steps, and outcome.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Can our usual emoti's be moved to the top of the emoti menu?

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I was trying to edit a PM. My cursor keys didn't work. Then I lost Enter. Had to clear the message and start over. The cursor keys are working fine in _this_ message though.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

11 hours ago, Jeff said:

@FiveRoooooers to Preview:

Inside the posting box, the rightmost upper icon (looks like a page with a magnifying glass) is the preview button It will preview inside the post window, and you can see what it would look like in desktop/tablet/phone views. It also looks like you need to login since you posted as a guest.

Please be more specific/detailed  on the photo sizes visible size, or file size?. What were your steps, and outcome.

Thank you! You must be exhausted.

Re photos, I was copying pics from my Gallery. After pasting the first one and attempting to paste a second, there was an error message something to the effect that I was only allowed to post 64.43 (?) xx. I'm sorry I don't remember what the unit of  allowable data was.  Does that help at all? :rolleyes:

I signed in on my PC just a while ago, left and came back, and needed to sign in again. Same thing happened on my phone.

Annnnd, I previewed my post via the looking glass :) and wanted to add something but the post didn't seem live, I didn't see how to add more text.

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

@FiveRoooooers once you preview it, click the big black X in the upper right to close the preview and return to editing.

Will try that now, thank you.

That works, Yay!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Not so much a bug as a question:  "Unread content" here gives topic name with new post(s).  Is it possible to get a display like in the old forum, that shows a list of topics that have new posts, without actually showing the posts?  It was more compact and made it easier to scan down and decide what to read. 

Thank you for such a successful conversion.

I'm not seeing many of the pictures in user signatures.  Some work, some don't.  My own signature photo  displays sharedmedia=gallery:images:33619] but does have the text links that are supposed to be there

I'm using Chrome if it makes a difference. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

@Time4ANap  seems gallery image links didn't carry over well, if at all. I haven't looked at the gallery yet, but if you can find your signature there, just edit your signature with the correct link.

I'm not even sure how to find YOUR specific gallery album/images

OK, upper right, click your username, then select PROFILE

On the right just down a little, click SEE MY ACTIVITY

On the left under gallery, select either ALBUM or IMAGES

That's how to find your gallery

@Time4ANap yours is fixed, what a convoluted process, you can't find the actual image URL any more, and you can't easily copy the image to paste it into the editor. That's what I did, but in a round about way. I'll have to see if there is a simpler way, and post about it.

I did find an easier way to find your own gallery though. 

Upper right, click your username, then select PROFILE

On the right just below the "See me activity" button, click ALBUMS

1 hour ago, cleptogrey said:

not a bug, but can we change the font that we view? new format- size and brightness is not agreeing visually and i know my eyeglasses are fine.

Yeah, it was very bright and whitish. I added a blue hue to the background to tone it down a bit. As for the size, your best bet is press and hold the CTRL key and + or - to get the size you like. Your browser should remember that setting for GT.

I see the indexing error shown though I was able to get results. What are you specifically searching for?

We pruned tens of thousands of old posts (>2yrs without a reply with less than 20 replies during that period) from OT/SB/EEG/CF prior to the upgrade, so perhaps what you're looking for has been deleted?

Just a question...

When opening a topic with many pages, I used to be able to click on something that took me to my last unread post. I haven’t been able to find that. I’ve been clicking on the last page, and working back from there. What am I missing? In my next life, I plan to be more computer savvy, but for now I’m just happy that I survived the update. Thanks for all your hard work, Jeff.